Agent movement

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Khamul the Easterling
Council Member

Agent movement

Post by Khamul the Easterling » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:23 am

Concerning agents movement, the regions of Udun and Dagorlad are not considered to be adjacent unless you are a Ringwraith player.

I don't see the point in having different movement rules for agents depending on a player's alignment. Hazards are not conceptually meant to be supporting forces to a player's ressources but represent general "dangerous forces". It's not clear to me, why, for instance, an agent (likely in the service of Sauron) at Cirith Gorgor should be unable (forbidden) to move to the Dead Marshes.

My proposal is to make the regions of Udun and Dagorlad adjacent, regardless of a deck's alignment.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Re: Agent movement

Post by Bandobras Took » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I agree with doing away with the current rule.

The concern I have is that agents being able to swiftly move through an area hero companies cannot takes away one of the prime weaknesses of agents, which is their limited mobility.

I would rather see it as Dagorlad and Udun are never adjacent for agents, for strictly mechanical reasons.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly. This prompted the backlash erratum that I will link to as soon as I notice it is officially posted. :)

CDavis7M

Re: Agent movement

Post by CDavis7M » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:35 pm

This issue mostly seems to affect Golodhros (Minas Morgul, Cirith Ungol, Barad Dur) and My Precious (Goblin Gate, Moria, Shelob's Lair, and Mt. Doom).

I can see the argument for allowing Golodhros to move through the black gate, but not for My Precious. Furthermore, both of these characters have homesites in Imlad Morgul, which is 2 regions from Dagorlad, same as Barad Dur/Mt. Dooom. I'm not sure how useful it would be to change the rules, if it was even determined to be correct.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”