METW/METD-only Cardnum tournament

Discussion of the web-based platform for MECCG.

Moderator: rezwits

Bergil

Would like to get feedback on when to start the next tourney on Cardnum.
It will be with cards from The Wizards and The Dragons.

Could start soon (registration and deckbuilding over the next two weeks) or could wait until after LURE is over (Oct 17).

Thanks for your reply!
sarma72
Council Member

At this point, I would aim at starting the weekend after Lure, so Sunday the 24th. There simply aren't enough weeks for a tournament before Lure and it would not hurt to use this time to properly advertise the TW/TD cardnum tournament, including having someone talking about it at Lure.
“The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”
Bergil

Greetings fellow MECCG players! Whether you were one of the lucky ones to attend LURE this year or not, there is still some friendly competition to be had in the coming weeks.

Starting today, registration is open for the next Cardnum tournament online. The event will consist of two-deck games using only cards from the first MECCG set (Middle-earth: The Wizards) and the first expansion (Middle-earth: The Dragons). Deck requirements will be as per standard tournament rules (e.g. https://meccg.es/en/rules/collected-rul ... t-rulings/) with the only exception of sideboard size, which will be limited to 20 cards.

Registration will be open until next Friday, October 29, and the first of probably four weekly rounds will take place the week of November 1.

Ask questions if you’d like more information, but for now—if you have time and are interested in playing, please go here and complete this simple form to sign up:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link
dirhaval

Idea for a challenge for seasoned players and
to get new players into tournaments.
Not seasoned myself, but making METW-->METD or --> MEDM decks to play with new players.
Thus, I have these decks already made.

Idea is to grant another group of points to game winners
based on the cards' rarity. You can average the card's rarity to get a score; ignore sites.
Heard that more rare of a card, the more options a player has. And maybe
keep track on the rarity score of opponents?

How will this be done?
Right now, I am making an Excel file to quicken the making and storing of deck information.
That is type in a card name and count in the deck to get the full name needed for Cardnum.
Then you copy a deck segment, Pool, and paste all the cards into that segment.
Make a deck on cardnum in 20 seconds! English names only however.

Let me know what you think about a rarity point system.
dirhaval

Will also search the buried library of Ost-in-Edhil and the abandon shores of Lond Daer
for Worlds' Winning Decks and put them too in the file. Will keep any mithril coins found.

Return to “Cardnum”