Comments and Suggestions Welcome...

Discussion of the web-based platform for MECCG.

Moderator: rezwits

rezwits
Council Member

If anyone has any comments or suggestions let me know thanks!
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
MadWelshWizard

This is looking superb! Thanks for all the work. I'll try and post any bits and bobs I discover whilst playing :)
Brabo

Very interesting! The next chapter in online MECCG :)

Suggestion: make the connection to the login page secure. I got a Firefox alert saying the connection is not secure, so our password information is not safe.

Thanks!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
Darksatin

Great, great job !
I have a question about the Deckbuilder : how to make an avatarless hero deck ? (a wizard is systematically proposed)
rezwits
Council Member

Brabo wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:10 am Very interesting! The next chapter in online MECCG :)

Suggestion: make the connection to the login page secure. I got a Firefox alert saying the connection is not secure, so our password information is not safe.

Thanks!
The sad part about that is, if I am not mistaken, since I am using mainly my ip and serving the site, and not a hard line dot com per se, I can't really get an SSL/TLS certificate for just an ip. If I used my cardnum.net web address, which I only have reserved right now, I would be able to.

The final goal is full hosting site with load balancing launching 9/1/2019 ;) This just Beta for now...

n.b. You can whitelist my IP#

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/204 ... omain-name
rezwits
Council Member

Darksatin wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 am Great, great job !
I have a question about the Deckbuilder : how to make an avatarless hero deck ? (a wizard is systematically proposed)
You'll have to run that one by Vastor. Because I don't really know the rules behind that. But in any case I believe you would have to declare a basic "alignment" and I don't think FW or Balrog is an option because you have to actually state which one you are, and I don't know if you have to declare which avatar for Elf-lord, Dwarf-lord, or Atani-Lord, etc. It was one of those last minute things he threw at me haha...
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

rules wise avatarless decks are illegal, so you all decks need at least one copy of an avatar (in deck or SB); of course such a deck is avatarless though in practice,

there will be an avatarless option though for dream cards as we make progress on these rules, so it is future progress

yours Nicolai
rezwits
Council Member

I didn't make this very clear, but the Location Deck to the right of the Play Deck, is treated like the normal deck, in that, in order to use a site that you find, you have to drag the site to your hand then "from hand" click and the put in play.

Hope this helps!
rezwits
Council Member

I just wanted to add

If there is anything that anybody thinks should be added, changed, or dropped etc

Don't hesitate to make a post and ask for a feature request, most are fairly easy to implement.

Such as a special card implementation or a recurring issue, that has to be repeated etc.

One thing that I must add is, I really didn't want to get heavy into programming a 100% free-form card platform, where cards could be put anywhere on the table and just do anything players want, which is why I had to stick with the columns (locale #s) for companies.

But card(s), can be done in a day, it's just I don't know off the top of my head all the "fun cards" players specialize in playing.
We did most of what we thought would be used.

Dark Tryst for instance was one of the first cards I enjoyed doing, because it was fairly simple. You click it from hand, it is announced in the event area, and then click it again, and this will draw 3 cards and remove itself from the game/play.

You could do this yourself by clicking it, and then clicking draw card 3 times, and then typing /rfg and click the card. I just wrapped all that up in a click.

But if you have a card that you think is particularly popular, shoot!

or at least try to click a card, then when in play click the card again and see if it works already :D

Thanks for listening!
Darksatin

rezwits wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:42 am I didn't make this very clear, but the Location Deck to the right of the Play Deck, is treated like the normal deck, in that, in order to use a site that you find, you have to drag the site to your hand then "from hand" click and the put in play. Hope this helps!
Maybe it will be better to add the sites of the deck to the Play Deck...
It would be easier to search among 20 sites than 90+
rezwits
Council Member

Well it's actually easy to find a site if you know the regions, the only thing is you kinda have to know the map(s), of the game, and the items. I think what I need to get on top of for newer players, is WHICH IS 100% ready if I want to implement, searchable sites by Playable Items. YEP need that 100%.

I forgot the early days of playing where all we mainly do (did), is look thru the sites for where Greaters and Majors etc are playable!

Damn. This is getting the juices flowing!
rezwits
Council Member

Darksatin wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:50 am Maybe it will be better to add the sites of the deck to the Play Deck...
It would be easier to search among 20 sites than 90+
hehe, actually there are 826 sites loaded!

but in any case, one of the over-looked things is that IN-GAME you can click Chat, Cards, Deck Builder, etc.

So what I have made is, (which I will post tonight), the ability to while IN-GAME, click the "Cards" tab and then, all you have to do is:

Thanks for the heads up about this almost forgot the old ways..., this will even work for the dreaded Dreamcard Sites! if you checked!
rezwits
Council Member

Couldn't wait, playable-items search is loaded! Make sure you ctrl-F5 (windows), or option click reload, or command-option-R (mac)
Darksatin

Hello,
I was not thinking about improvised play.
With a well-constructed deck, you know the sites where you want to play your resources.
So, you only need to have an access to a limited selection of sites.
It is the same thing for a beginner playing with a challenge deck.
rezwits
Council Member

I understand what you are saying but to have separate site deck construction, would be such a strain, on the overall infrastructure that is setup.

I mean in general if you know, the 12 sites that you will visit. I am assuming you know the regions and therefore could easily just click them on the map and grab the site?

The site deck functions just use map(s) to sort the sites for you when you goto grab them.

But I see what you are saying just have 1 popup like the regular deck and viola, all 20 of your sites.

Return to “Cardnum”