METW-only July cardnum tournament

Events taking place on online platforms
sarma72
Council Member

Dear all, after some polling and discussions the next cardnum tournament will be a METW-only 2 deck games tournament. Standard tournament rules will apply except for sideboard size (which will be limited to 15 cards). Registration is now open using the following google form and will close at the end of June, on the 30th. The tournament itself will start on Monday the 5th of July with the first of several week-long rounds. More details will follow suit but, for now, if you think that July would be a good month to play a bit of old school METW, just sign up.

https://forms.gle/FMLQoxRib2R1jdL46
“The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”
Bergil

I am really looking forward to this tournament and I'm excited to see what kind of turnout there will be! [-me_eye-]
sarma72
Council Member

Dear all,

Registration the first CardNum tournament based only on cards from the first MECCG set Middle-Earth the Wizards is now closed. The event will be kindly sponsored, again, by CardGameGeek - https://shop.cardgamegeek.com/, with some additional kind contribution from Spencer "Bergil" Carney.

--------------------
Schedule:

Round 1: Monday July 5 to Sunday July 11.
Round 2: Monday July 12 to Sunday July 18.
Round 3: Monday July 17 to Sunday July 25.
Round 4: Monday July 26 to Sunday August 1.

--------------------
Participants:

1. Chris Davis
2. Spencer Carney
3. Alex Christopoulos
4. Trotter
5. Jesse Escobedo
6. Juan Manuel Tobar Manzo
7. Langloude
8. Marc Sarzi (Sarma72)
9. Philip Carroll
10. Chad
11. Karsten Gerland aka Shapeshifter
12. Guillaume Soucy (Gaereth Barethson)
13. Theo
14. Francois
15. Thomas A.
16. Grishnakh
--------------------

METW-only Deck Tournament Specific Rules:

1) Tournament Coordinator - Marc "Sarma72" Sarzi. He will pair-up players for each round and put them in touch via e-mail. When possible the timing of the games will be made available in order to facilitate live Q&A and the friendly resolution of disputes through the cardnum or discord chat and the contribution from a panel of experts that will support the organiser. If a dispute cannot be solved, players may want to save their game, send a message to the tournament organiser and resume once he will have ruled on it.

2) Game Format - Players will face each other in "2-deck" games, meaning that The White Council is called either when each play deck has been exhausted twice, or by either players - if they so wish - when their play deck has been exhausted twice, or when it has been exhausted once and they have at least 25 marshalling points (MPs).

3) Deck Construction: Decks should include only cards from the first MECCG set, Middle-Earth the Wizards, including also the promotional cards Black Arrow, Fatty Bolger, Fury of the Iron Crown, Neeker-Breekers and The Iron Crown. Decks should include a minimum of 30 resource and 30 hazards cards, with a minimum of 12 creatures as per the Council of Lorien rules. Sideboard size will be limited to 15 cards. After character drafting, a maximum of 10 characters cards could also be added to the deck in addition to either up to 3 copies of the same Wizard or up to 2 copies of the same Wizard and 1 of a different Wizard may be included.

4) Sites - Use of sites is restricted to only sites from METW

5) "Dunking" the One Ring - for this tournament the requirement of having to move the One Ring to Mount Doom stands

6) Prizes - The winner of the tournament will receive a prize selected by the tournament sponsor CardGameGeek. Additional prizes will be awarded by raffle to other players, and will include Against the Shadow pack kindly donated by Spencer "Bergil" Carney. The organisers of the event are excluded from prize consideration as is any player that drops out or is expelled from the tournament.
Attachments
Generic Rules.txt
Generic Rules
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Cardnum Guidelines.txt
Cardnum Guidlines
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Last edited by sarma72 on Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out.”
sarma72
Council Member

Pairing for the first round will follow suit
CDavis7M

Party party
sarma72
Council Member

Hi all, I've now done the first-round random pairings. They are as follows:

Karsten Gerland aka Shapeshifter vs Chad
Langloude vs Alex Christopoulos
Thomas A. vs Philip Carroll
Marc Sarzi (Sarma72) vs Francois
Guillaume Soucy (Gaereth Barethson) vs Theo
Chris Davis vs Grishnakh
Spencer Carner vs Trotter
Jesse Escobedo vs Juan Manuel Tobar Manzo

I will now contact each of you using the e-mail address entered in the google form, putting you in touch with your opponent. For convenience, I will also kindly ask you for your cardnum ID. You can decide together when to play your game, but game reports must be reach me no later than end of day Sunday the 11th of July. For this, simply have the player that lost hit "concede" and save a screenshot of the End-of-Game state, showing the Marshalling Point tracker. Keep this for your record, and then send me only the MP balance and TP outcome according to CoL rules (except for ties, where we'll' just give each player 3TP if there is a TP tie after the White Council - no Weakest Link method).

Tournament participants should not spectate/scout other tournament games. For this, you may want to turn off “Allow Spectators” when you create your cardnum game. On the other hand, if you want to facilitate live input from other player on the cardnum or discord chat, you may want to simply announce on the MECCG Discord channel (say under events or online-play) or the discussion section of the facebook event page (https://www.facebook.com/events/230766455542135) that your game is on.
sarma72
Council Member

Dear all,

Round 1 of our METW-only tournament is now concluded. Obviously there was a lot of excitement as all game finished well ahead of time. Even though the deadline for playing our the round 2 games stays the same (next Sunday the 18th), this gives us the chance to play our round 2 game also this coming weekend if you want!

Following the Swiss tournament rules, I have now paired you as follows

Juan Manuel Tobar Manzo vs Julien (Langloude)
Philip Carroll (Nimrandir) vs Karsten Gerland (Shapeshifter)
Thomas A. (Reswitz) vs Theo
Jesse Escobedo (LordJesse) vs Chris Davis (CDavis7M)
Marc Sarzi (Sarma72) vs Guillaume Soucy (Gaereth Barethson)
Heiko (Grishnakh) vs Spencer Carney (Bergil)
Chad Jones (Sulimo) vs Francois (Buscouille)
Alex Christopoulos (aleaax) vs Giannis (Trotter)

and already contacted each of you via e-mail to put you in touch with your opponent.

Once you are done with your game, simply reply to the e-mail I have sent you by sending me the results of your game, both in terms of MP-score or outcome and in terms of tournament points (7-0, 6-0, 5-1, 4-2). Please also take a screenshot of you final end-of-game cardnum status but keep this for yourselves for now. Scores should also remain private.

Best wishes,
Marc

P.S.: please make a mental or written note about the funniest or most tragic moments of your games. I'll collect these at the end of the tournament!
sarma72
Council Member

Dear all,

Round 2 of our METW-only tournament is now concluded. I have now paired you up and already sent you an e-mail to put you in touch with your opponent. Even though the deadline for playing our the round 3 games is Sunday the 25th you still have a bit of this weekend (this Sunday) to play your round 3 game if you want!

Pairing is as follows

Alex Christopoulos (aleaax) vs Francois (buscouille)
Spencer Carney (Bergil) vs Chris Davis (CDavis7M)
Giannis (Trotter) vs Marc Sarzi (Sarma72)
Julien (Langloude) vs Theo
Jesse Escobedo (LordJesse) vs Thomas A. (reswitz)
Philip Carroll (Nimrandir) vs Heiko (Grishnakh)
Juan Manuel Tobar Manzo vs Chad Jones (Sulimo)
Karsten Gerland (Shapeshifter) vs Guillaume Soucy (Gaereth Barethson)

Once you are done with your game, simple reply to the e-mail I have sent you by sending me the results of your game, both in terms of MP-score or outcome and in terms of tournament points (7-0, 6-0, 5-1, 4-2). Please also take a screenshot of you final end-of-game cardnum status but keep this for yourselves for now. Scores should also remain private.

Best wishes,
Marc

P.S.: please make a mental or written note about the funniest or most tragic moments of your games. Keep these for you now, however. I'll collect this information at the end of the tournament!

Return to “Online Tournaments”