Virtual cards suggested that might are worth adding.

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I didnt hear any respond about my TRT actually.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
marcos
Council Member

i guess you mean your "in the name of mordor". Actually Jamie responded to you:
Jambo wrote:Re In the Name of Mordor, the only hazards one will have to combat raising the nine are Nazgul permanent events. Do we want to completely remove this?
so the 7 final cards we have are:

waiting shadow (lost in wilderness/ chocking shadows)
darkness under tree (lost in wilderness/ chocking shadows)
Radagast the tamer
Shadowfax
In darkness bind them
Words of power and terror
Great goblin

am i right or am i wrong? Joe, do you think we can proceed and make this ones to get the set finally finished?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Can I get some time to read up on these posts? :wink:
promising stuff I say.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Hey Thorsten, you're not the only one who can write a lot! Sure, clamor in, but we are going to make some choices now for playtesting. If someone can post final texts to Marcos's forum he made for this, that would be great.

FINAL APPROVAL
1) Shadowfax: Done and In.
2) Radagast: Done and In.
3) In Darkness Bind Them: Done and In (Jambo's last version, or whatever you decide, Jambo)
4) The Great Goblin: Done and In (Jambo's new last version, on this forum, previous page)
5) Words of Power and Terror: Done and In (Joe's version, regular +2 prow fine)
6)Waiting Shadow: Are you guys okay with this being Lost in the Wilderness? If people don't like this, let's not change it. I think it can work--quick opinions?
7) Darkness Under Tree: Keep title. If we want more than one attack cancellable, write the following: “One or two of these attacks may be cancelled by…” . If we don't, leave as is. I still like the Huorn effect being added to this card (of extra Ent playablility) and vote for this clause being added here, unless a number of us are against it. Vote?

OTHER EDITS
A) Make TRT worth 3MP. Incorporate edits Joe suggested about being worth the MP only if tapped.
B) Indur Unleashed (Ben's suggestions, I believe)

We need votes on the above that I indicated, guys! Then, let's rock! I'm off email for the next 24 hours. Jambo, you can rule on the above.

--Frodo
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

okay, I'll check them out and post something tonight. Just for now about Jamie's Waiting Shadow/Lost in Wildernes, I think it's cool, but with very limited use, so if we are talking about only 3 slots for the AP's I think it could be put to better use.
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote: 6)Waiting Shadow: Are you guys okay with this being Lost in the Wilderness? If people don't like this, let's not change it. I think it can work--quick opinions?
7) Darkness Under Tree: Keep title. If we want more than one attack cancellable, write the following: “One or two of these attacks may be cancelled by…” . If we don't, leave as is. I still like the Huorn effect being added to this card (of extra Ent playablility) and vote for this clause being added here, unless a number of us are against it. Vote?
6) Ok with me if it is "lost in the wilderness"
7) i also like the huorn/extra ent playability, can we make a version that mixes my DuT, with Thorsten's DuT, with this ability... i'll post it on Jambo's topic about the final 2 AP cards

best!
Marcos
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

okay, here goes:
Shadowfax: cool! definite yes
Radagast: cool! but I'm not too hot on the wolves, not thematically, and not game-technically.
In Darkness: sure thing
Great Goblin: cool! I go with latest version too (hazard limit, not the plus prowess). But I disagree with the untapping, otherwise you have a permanent minion stirr in play, in fact on top of minion stirr, and the multi strike orcs aren't as pesky as you think they are, the warband can be 7@11 with this one, not counting Pierced by Many Arrows.
Words of Power: okay then, better loose the +2, but it's not desastrous. Also there are other cards I would choose for a slot over this one.
Waiting shadow: I'd say Choking Shadows is the best title, otherwise: cool!
Darkness under Tree: version 7 by Marcos I'd say.

Boy did I pick the wrong month not to look at the forum :wink:

small remark bit off topic: I would definitely not take the way Balance between Powers is going, I really see no advantage in that way and many problems. Besides, I like the environmental battle as a part of the game.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:okay, here goes:
Radagast: cool! but I'm not too hot on the wolves, not thematically, and not game-technically.
Great Goblin: cool! I go with latest version too (hazard limit, not the plus prowess). But I disagree with the untapping, otherwise you have a permanent minion stirr in play, in fact on top of minion stirr, and the multi strike orcs aren't as pesky as you think they are, the warband can be 7@11 with this one, not counting Pierced by Many Arrows.
Words of Power: okay then, better loose the +2, but it's not desastrous. Also there are other cards I would choose for a slot over this one.
RE Radagast: Just take a look at FW rada's picture, he has a wolf (or maybe a wild hound) at his side and you are going to be convinced :P

RE Great Goblin: yes, but not many of that attacks are going to be non-detainment, maybe just hobgoblins and warbands... It's hard to make an orc watch or orc guard non detain... So i think the most beneficied one is hobgoblins (4 at 14 for spending 3 against the hazard limit is cool IMHO). Also remember that there are plenty of cancellers against orcs

RE words of power: i don't think it's going to be overpowered since it affects only 1 strike, also, it can ecourage the play of creatures like abductor, wild trolls, mumaks, etc, wich don't see much play... And you have to have a nazgûl in hand...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hey, there's a big difference between a hound and a wolf, just ask Beren or Luthien :wink:
But more game-technically, wolves are pretty good because of their easy keyability. With Monstrosity you only need one to make a good attack, and it does happen that many wolves get killed, so recycling the few you have left is a big advantage to them. This is different for animals, whose attacks depend alot more on good timing, and that's where Radagast can help.

about the Great Goblin, not sure what you're saying here, this guy can and will be played vs. hero too, right? So what about the detainment? Besides, you might think 4@14 is funny, but orcs already totally rock, just this Lure I completely wracked Mario (killing Elladan, Thrain, Thorin and Alatar, not quite the pussies when it comes to fighting orcs - well not wracked because he still won, but that's another matter, his Vilya Elrond saved the day).

Same for Words of Power, I'm not saying it's overpowered, I just wonder why the solution is always extra prowess, where it's not needed. Chances of me keying a Mumak to a shadowland/hold - where the nazgul gets played probably- are pretty slim (same for Abductor btw), so it's not their prowess that keeps me from putting it in the deck. Anyway, all my animal/men decks have Mumak/Abductor in it. With Das Pack/Full of Froth/Shelob they're 3@15 at a Borderhold, I'm not even using wake of war! and you're telling me a plus two would be nice? And try Abductor with Rank upon rank and the Fury of the Iron Crown....and I'm not even using Scimitars, which would be only logical if you combine Nazgul with men, as this card suggests. Most beneficiary I guess would be the Lawless men, and that's okay, but Sellswords is already 2@11 base. So what if it can get cancelled, does that justify boosting it more?
But I'm repeating myself, sorry :wink:
marcos
Council Member

Re Great goblin: It only affects 1 attack per turn, also think that he can be discarded with MT/VoM/Ancient secrets, how bad can this be?

Re words of prowess and terror: it only affects 1 strike of an attack and you also have to keep 1 nazgul in hand, most of the dedicated decks only runs Uvatha/ adunaphel, a deck with this card will be pretty different to all the most common and usually known builds for orcs, trolls, men or Mumaks... how bad can it be?
Jambo

Sorry to tread on old ground - but I'm really thinking that if one of the +2 modified capturing attacks is defeated, The Great Goblin should be discarded. Most permanent-events that enhance creature attacks have this clause and this way, if prisoners are taken, the hazard player runs the risk of TGG being discarded if they continue to pursue with the first effect and one fails. Plus if discarded, The Great Goblin can always be recycled by the hazard player. Unexpected Outpost and Mouth of Sauron.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

That's very interesting, Jamie. Sure, why not? I was thinking that the card was too powerful anyway in its multiple prisoner-taking capability. This would be an interesting limitation.

Frodo

Return to “Development”