know much about u/ F travels in FD

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
marcos
Council Member

i think I know much about you (V) is one of the V cards that has never been played, can you tell why?... Is there a way to make it a bit better?

Fair travel in free domains (V) and gondor decks seems to be underplayed too because the only presence of lost at free domains. Is there any way to work with that?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Fair Travels In Free Domains:

I haven't built a Fallen Gandalf Gondor deck yet. To really get use out of that card, you want to be moving in the three-free area as much as possible, and Fallen Gandalf loves doing that.

I Know Much About You:
With the new hazard strategies of Virtual Cards, there's a bit too much anticipation involved. If see you using TNaA, you could be running Nazgul, Men, Orcs, or simply bluffing. Besides, if an opponent's just hit me with a Nameless Thing/Assassin/Baduila, the odds are I'll want to do the same to him by using said hazard/agent rather than discarding it. Unless he's not going to be visiting the appropriate place, in which case I'm not likely to be holding it in my hand, anyway.
Nerdmeetsyou

Yeah... I ask myself since the beginning why I know much about you was even made...
but until now i thought... there had to be some kind of sense....

the free domain thing... is not that bad i would say... alllthough you normaly only travel through not more than 1...
maybe we should make it bette...
maybe 2 cards per region???
Jambo

I Know Much About You would be better if it cancelled the whole hazard. Then it could be used as an Assassin buster. As it is, I imagine it might be more used when playing against non-virtual decks, since cave drakes, cave worms, sellswords would be obvious contenders. The unfortunate thing about it is, if anything, it actually encourages people to think about the most common hazards rather than new strategies...

I have an alternative version:

I Know Much About You V:
Short-event
Playable on a diplomat during the movement/hazard phase whose company is facing a hazard creature attack. Name a hazard card. If your opponent has this card in his hand, he must reveal it to you and you may choose one of three options: the hazard creature is discarded, the hazard creature receives -3 prowess and -1 body, or the revealed card is discarded. Otherwise, your opponent must reveal his hand and the hazard limit is increased by two. Cannot be duplicated on a hazard creature attack.

This card has some interesting permutations. Playing two on consecutive hazard creature attacks will guarantee success on the second as long as your opponent still has a hazard, but then you'll have +2 hazard limit! Should it be diplomat only as above?
Last edited by Jambo on Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

that sounds better than the original, it also encourage the play of a strategy with cards like riddling talk/ the riddle game and secret news... :)
Jambo

And if someone spies your cards as a hazard player, you can always lob one down on-guard and hope the resource player guesses the card on guard... ;)

Maybe there should be a roll involved just to add some uncertainty? To which there could be bonuses for sage and diplomat characters, say.
marcos
Council Member

Jambo wrote:And if someone spies your cards as a hazard player, you can always lob one down on-guard and hope the resource player guesses the card on guard... ;)

Maybe there should be a roll involved just to add some uncertainty? To which there could be bonuses for sage and diplomat characters, say.
agree... and you could make the card a riddling attempt or something like that, so it can be affected by "wit"
thoughts?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hey, nice version!
why a roll? nobody plays with diplomats anyway :D
does seem like more of a sage thing though. So maybe riddling attempt is nice, I really dig riddling. Nobody liked my proposal for Wit unfortunately :cry: - well wasn't that good either.

On another note, I think Fair Travels in Free-domains V is the main card in V1 that I consider rather rubbish. Sorry Frodo :wink: I would not play it even if playing Fallen Gandi, it's not worth a precious slot in such cramped deck. So twice you can have handsize increase by 2 or 3, drawing up to 6 cards extra (more probably keeping extra in hand, since FW finds it dificult to use the cards they draw in mhphase). It would work better if it were a long-event and you have many companies. But anyway, a fw player doesn't want to draw many cards, he needs them all but can't play them straight away (stage). Then at least make it till end of your next org phase, like propper long-event.

But I Know Much V comes second indeed.

Personally though I don't think the original I Know Much is that bad. Depends on your playgroup. How annoying is this My Precious guy, and you always get to face assassins/nameless.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Well it could be diplomat or sage I suppose.

One of the nice things about this card, is it's more likely to punish those with easy to read hazard portions. If in doubt, guess a cave-drake, assassin, unabated in malice, river.

For resource player, you could play Here's a Snake or Mirror of Galadriel to ease the guessing. For a hazard player you can defend with Will SHaken! :twisted: ;)
marcos
Council Member

What about:

"Playable during the movement/ hazard phase if the company has at least 1 [FD] in their site path. Cancel one Hazard effect that would prevent the company to do nothing during the site phase this turn"

Cards affected by it:
darkness made by malice
River
Lost at free domains
Lost at sea

i think this will help a gondor deck pretty much against those annoying lost at free domains...

thoughts?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

on the other hand, lost in fd is about the only thing you can play on a gondor-deck that has any real effect, and it's easy to defend against it: several companies moving around.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:on the other hand, lost in fd is about the only thing you can play on a gondor-deck that has any real effect, and it's easy to defend against it: several companies moving around.
assassins, rivers, corruption, other man hazards like ambusher, awakened plants, etc...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

you mean, the basic stock of stuff you get everywhere? :lol:
awakened plants in Minas Tirith? :lol: Treebeard will have to come alone to Aragorn's wedding.
Nerdmeetsyou

I like the new "We know much about you" very much....

maybe make it an riddling attemp of some kind???

I like the idear of making Fair travels a long event... so you could benefit from it for each company....
marcos
Council Member

ent in search of the entwives can attack at free domains and huorns and old man willows can attac at druadan forest... yes, i mean the basic stuff that everyone runs, you know, grab bag hazards are very popular

Return to “Development”