Adunaphel Unleashed

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Oops, I wrote that too quickly. Only Halls of Fire nerfs Adunaphel. Cram, etc. helps counter her slightly (especially if they're getting an item), but my only real concern is permanent untapping effects like Hall of Fire (I think that's the only one?) on FW havens.
She can't move to hero haven anyway, if he squats at a fw haven he's likely to be there doing multiple stuffs, HoF is easily dealt with by Eye of Sauron V, maybe he sits alone so she can attack him every turn...so nerf?
Well, she can't attack him at an FW haven, right? The attack would be canceled.

I don't think Eye of Sauron is enough of a counter, because Eye can itself be countered. I don't like the idea that an Adunaphel Unleashed strat is much weaker against squatter decks, of all things.

If you really think the circumstance warrants it, we could say:

Permanent-event.
Playable on Adûnaphel (as your Ringwraith). Discard this card to untap Adûnaphel.
Alternatively, you may tap a lone Adûnaphel to place this card with opponent’s tapped non-Wizard, non-minion character at the same site. Dark-enchantment: Character may not untap as normal during the untap phase (or by Hall of Fire) or move. If placed on opponent's character, discard this card if Adûnaphel is wounded or moves.
Cannot be duplicated on Adûnaphel or in an opponent’s company.

Is that cool?

Frodo
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I just liked the prospect of a catfight, that's all, no big thing, chances of that happening are small indeed. But, I'd also understand it if people think it's weird that you can 'unenchant' for a moment.

Well, there's also permanent untap items like Arkenstone and Anduril of course...

Maybe we can state: "may not untap except by any card's effect before engaging in CvCC." That would be like victim is trying to break free from Aduni's grip for a moment, either to fight her himself, or to help the company.
And since Halls is end of mh phase, it does not work, but Narya does :wink: and victim still can't play stuffs at the site or marvels.
But just think about it, not untapping can also seriously up the chances of the enchanted ending up dead by hazards. So we'll see, just how powerful it is, it all depends on how well you can protect Aduni I suppose.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Being tapped doesn't inherently prevent he victim from attacking Adunaphel. If the enchanted victim is a single character company then they can freely engage Adunaphel (although prowess will at -1 for being tapped). If the enchanted character is part of a bigger company then Adunaphel will always have the option of selecting a different opponent before the enchanted character can be selected.

I kind like the idea that the enchanted can only initiate combat if they're alone. Otherwise, it's others that have to come to their aid.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Yes that idea is appealing. And typically victim will be in company with others, or perhaps opponent doesn't give a rat's what happens to him.

But, a good Adunaphel will always try to cancel CvCC, it's too risky for her, so you might spend 5 turns trying to free yourself. If she cancels the CvCC, you still have untapped the char...that's the benifit. And untapping him isn't that easy.
Jambo

By the way, does a lone Adunaphel mean without allies, e.g. Black Horse, Blackbole, etc? That might be a shame, no?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well, the horse only makes her more vulnerable, and I suppose normally you don't get or want to take time to get allies first. You want to target your dwarf before he becomes King, not after. Stinker would be a cool and useful ally, he can cancel attacks. But, if she's not alone, Ruse don't work that well either....
marcos
Council Member

could work, but with allies that can't be attacked... So, what you say?
Alone = No allies???
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I'd rather keep the version excluding Halls of Fire than add the complicated cvcc clause. Btw, if there's no "cram showing", to use a poker term, then the enchanted character will have to be visited by someone with an untapping effect. And I doubt the character's player will bother to do so unless he already had cvcc in mind!

Opinion on ally issue, or are we done?

Frodo
Jambo

I don't mind either way regarding the untapping issue, other than it should not be relieved by Hall of Fire. If it's easier to just to prohibit all untapping then I'd be fine with that.

Alone means without allies.

So, I think we're done.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I suppose so too.
Marcos' suggestion might be funny, to have crows or bats circle her, but opponent will go for wounding her, so then allies are gone anyway, and you'd normally not take the time to get these first, stuck at the site they don't help you much other than give +1 prowess in support, all in all, let's not create fuss over this. Well, depending on where opponent is you might play them at his site, but that's a slim chance, and, you can still play ally after you've played AU :wink:
Adûnaphel Unleashed - Permanent-event.
Playable on Adûnaphel (as your Ringwraith). Discard this card to untap Adûnaphel.
Alternatively, you may tap a lone Adûnaphel to place this card with opponent’s tapped non-Wizard, non-minion character at the same site. Dark-enchantment: Character may not untap as normal during the untap phase (or by Hall of Fire) or move. If placed on opponent's character, discard this card if Adûnaphel is wounded or moves.
Cannot be duplicated on Adûnaphel or in an opponent’s company.

Return to “Development”