pre selection for VC2 (?)

Where the Virtual Boyz plan their latest capers
marcos
Council Member

Frodo wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being absent so long. My teaching semester started at the end of August so I've been in a different mode.

I think we should prioritize two things at this point: getting the virtual set #1 finished, and a second matter which I need to post about and invite all you to please contribute your thoughts to. That matter has to do with expanding our community and saving the game from dying out completely. At Worlds I saw firsthand evidence of people who had left and people who were barely staying in the game, full of depression and frustration towards the ways things have gone. Thus, I see this second issue--creating a community, and keeping the community we already have--as more important than future V-Card sets. To put it another way... there were only 6 people in the Worlds Virtual Tourney, and many of the other weekend attendees had not even looked at the cards! So, who are we doing all this work for, anyway?

That being said, I do understand that we are full of creative energy, and it can be a wonderful feeling to keep working on new cards when we have bouts of free hours. SO, let's carry on with slowly thinking about V-set #2, but I hope I can count on all you guys, as the most creative and dedicated people left in the community, to help plan and think about this second great issue. I will post about it soon in a very long letter.

Frodo
i took some friends to gccg and orginizing argentinian nats during october, so as far as i can go, i do my best :)
i understand you and i think its a sad situation

concerning VC1 what do you think it is missing to be finished?
marcos
Council Member

i've decided to start collecting suggestions from the links above posted and make beta-xml wich will be able to test in subversion. Any help you guys can offer will be great
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

marcos, it's cruel to make a technophobe learn that whole subversion access thing. :)
marcos
Council Member

its not hard to understand, follow this steps:

1- Download and install tortoise SVN (you can google it)
2- Go to MyPC, do a right click and select the option "SVN checkout". A little window should open
3- You should have 2 options: "URL of repository" and "checkout directory"

URL= https://gccg.servebeer.com/ccg/trunk

directory= c:\gccg-svn

then "OK"

4- It should ask for a user/ password: ccg/gcc
5- To get graphics repeat step 2 and 3, but use the following URL: https://gccg.servebeer.com/ccg/metw
and use a different directory, the one you like.
6- Cut the graphics folder and paste it at your new "gccg/graphics/metw" folder
7- run GCCG with the file metw.bat as usual
8- To update, right click on your new gccg folder and select svn update (do it often, as changes are made everytime)
Jambo

Frodo wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being absent so long. My teaching semester started at the end of August so I've been in a different mode.

I think we should prioritize two things at this point: getting the virtual set #1 finished, and a second matter which I need to post about and invite all you to please contribute your thoughts to. That matter has to do with expanding our community and saving the game from dying out completely. At Worlds I saw firsthand evidence of people who had left and people who were barely staying in the game, full of depression and frustration towards the ways things have gone. Thus, I see this second issue--creating a community, and keeping the community we already have--as more important than future V-Card sets. To put it another way... there were only 6 people in the Worlds Virtual Tourney, and many of the other weekend attendees had not even looked at the cards! So, who are we doing all this work for, anyway?

That being said, I do understand that we are full of creative energy, and it can be a wonderful feeling to keep working on new cards when we have bouts of free hours. SO, let's carry on with slowly thinking about V-set #2, but I hope I can count on all you guys, as the most creative and dedicated people left in the community, to help plan and think about this second great issue. I will post about it soon in a very long letter.

Frodo
My guess is that we'll need an actual physical product to really entice people into playing. It's just not the same having to cut-out card texts and place them into the sleeves of existing cards....

Either that, or most people simply find it too time-consuming to do VC decks on top of preparing their decks for the main event....
marcos
Council Member

that i agree...

Anyways, i think that gccg is the better form to test this cards and modify them before any release
marcos
Council Member

marcos wrote:i've decided to start collecting suggestions from the links above posted and make beta-xml wich will be able to test in subversion. Any help you guys can offer will be great
i've collected a 6 pages word file with suggestions, and i'm still missing:

fixing saruman
helping ringplay
(ben will send me a PM telling me wich cards are needed for this 2 topics from the suggestions, i think he is the better on FW saru and ringplay:))

hoard well searched
gothmog/ rogrog
(i think this other cards needs some more work)
marcos
Council Member

i've collected a list of 60 cards to make this new set. the only bad thing is that i missed hoard well searched wich i think is a cool card but needs some more work on it...

Any help will be thankful, i need such help for making card pictures and doing the xml
best!
Marcos
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

will check into that some time later, I haven't given my prefs yet for VC2 either, right now I'm working on final Arda rules/cards file so that might take a week or more.
Nico's got me into subversion stuff as well, so now all I got to do is get some mastery of the program and I'm in! :D
(and find some bag of time of course)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:will check into that some time later, I haven't given my prefs yet for VC2 either, right now I'm working on final Arda rules/cards file so that might take a week or more.
Nico's got me into subversion stuff as well, so now all I got to do is get some mastery of the program and I'm in! :D
nice to hear that
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:will check into that some time later, I haven't given my prefs yet for VC2 either, right now I'm working on final Arda rules/cards file so that might take a week or more.
btw, you did gave some preferences for VC2 and some oppinions
marcos
Council Member

first version of the set is available at subversion, i would like to add 3 more cards because i have 57 at this moment, i want it to be a even number so i'm making it a 60 card set... so finally hoard well searched will make it.

Wich other 2?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Magic Ring of Courage/Magic Ring of Fury to make creature killing easier?
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:Magic Ring of Courage/Magic Ring of Fury to make creature killing easier?
link please, it is hard to find them with that many suggestions :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Helping Ring Play link on page 1 of this thread.

Return to “Development”