CoL–My Precious (1/2)

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
rezwits
Council Member

When using Council of Lorien Policy #3 (with My Precious)
8. Creature Minimum-A 12 creature minimum is required in each play deck's hazard mix. Creatures that are also events count as only half a creature towards this limit (rounding down). Such creatures include the Nazgûl, Mouth of Sauron, and Shelob. Dragon Ahunt and At Home manifestations count as half a creature for these purposes. Agents (introduced in Middle-earth: Dark Minions) also count as half a creature for these purposes, when constructing a hero or Balrog deck. Agents count as characters in minion and Fallen-wizard decks for these purposes. Sideboards have no such creature restrictions.
When I first looked at this, I went with the assumption that: As far as minion and fw, I wouldn't be able to count agents as 1/2 creatures, for the purposes of deck construction, because they count as characters and NOT as agent character/creature hazards, just as characters (100% for fw/rw/sauron).

So, I have been living my merrily life in Middle-earth just fine. But as you know in deck construction things get tight. Recently, when building for minion I was working with My Precious. I looked up in the digest and rules, that My Precious doesn't count as an agent minion hazard, he only counts as a hazard agent.
Why does the agent manifestation of Gollum have the hazard background (black)
instead of the normal agent background (purple)?
*** My Precious is a hazard agent, as opposed to a minion agent.
Preface:

So for instance, My Precious is NOT a minion agent, but he is a character agent still tho. At cardnum.net, I classify ALL hazards as Neutral alignment. So My Precious would be a Neutral Agent Hazard, instead of a Minion Agent Hazard (but still 1/2 character 1/2 creature). I mean Neutral can be omited here and just left as the Digest says, Hazard Agent. But in essence tho, My Precious is STILL a character/creature. So the Agent part, is/= 50% creature.

So, I am totally confused about a few things, here are my questions:
  • 1. If I include a normal minion agent in a minion/fw deck I don't get a 1/2 creature count for my deck, correct?
    2. If I include a normal minion agent in a minion/fw deck I do get a 1/2 creature count for my deck? but they are added as characters to my decks?
    • a. This never really crossed my mind, I feel this is false, like I said in my first assumption, but now I am just wondering if it's only that I have to include them as characters. Meaning 30 Hazards are left alone, but any characters that are agents still count as 1/2, haha I know I am stretching, so FALSE.
    3. If I include My Precious or Lobelia Sackville-Baggins for instance, in a minion/fw deck, a straight agent hazard, now this is tricky: Do I get 0, 1/2, or 1 creature count, for this strict agent hazard, that CAN'T be included as a character?
    • a. Here is what I WOULD declare as SHOULD BE the answer (with approval/discussion and ARV perhaps):
      • i. hero players get 1/2 creature count [standard] (0 in dreamcards)
        ii. rw/sauron players get 1/2 creature count.
        iii. fw players would get 0 creature count.
        iv. balrog players would get 1/2 creature count.
        n.b. these are all based on reasoning VS alignment. counting them as hero-ish/agents.
IDK guys, help me out here.

...and by all means Klar and Took chime in! Your thoughts are welcomed as always...

I will definitily be trasitioning this to ARV after some thoughts...

Night!
Last edited by rezwits on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
rezwits
Council Member

oh b4 I go, my whole rationale, is that My Precious is FORCED into my Hazard section, and I can't include him as a character IF I am playing sauron/rw/fw.

And that Agent part is there, as 1/2 a creature...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

The current rules are messy at the point; your concerns are valid.

There is proposed regulation:
Non-minion agents as creatures
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”