All the Bells Ringing

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Against the Shadow: All the Bells Ringing
Rarity: Uncommon, Precise: U3

Resource: Short-event

Playable during opponent's site phase before strikes are assigned on a hero company at a [-me_fh-] or [-me_bh-] if a minion company attacks. The attack is cancelled and the minion company must face all automatic-attacks of the site-which attack normally, not as detainment. Afterwards, the minion company may attack the hero company again.
White Hand wrote:Overt companies are not minion companies for the purposes of the detainment
attack guidelines in the MELE rules (p. 31). Overt companies are minion companies
for hazards that can only attack/effect minion companies (e.g., Sons of
Kings).
So can a hero, fallen player play the card if his company at site of respective type is attacked by FW's overt company?

EDIT: Edited first quote that was malformed after copy/paste.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

There's also this clarification in the CRF Rulings by Term - Company:
A hero company is Wizard player's company, or a Fallen-wizard's company that has no Orcs or Trolls. A minion company is a Ringwraith player's company, or a Balrog player's company. An overt company is a company with Orcs and/or Trolls in it. Note that some allies can make a company overt, but Half-orcs do not.
A Fallen Wizard's overt company is not a minion company. An attack by a Fallen Wizard's overt company is not an attack by a minion company for All The Bells Ringing.

Many of the clarifications on Fallen Wizard minion characters indicate that they use minion rules. I think the general idea is that they count as minions for the rules and for hazards but not for resources.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

I suppose that the same applies to the first additional automatic-attack created by Spies Feared.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”