To get you too far away

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I think Konrad Klar's making a parallel example in order to respond to Jaded's objection -- if one company stays at a site and the other moves, then the original site is not returned to the location deck, but remains with the company that has not moved.

If there's no rule prohibiting your own agents and companies from being at the same site, then agent/company movement would be handled in the same manner.

I've looked through the Dark Minions rules insert -- I can't find anything saying that a Agent's new site must come from the location deck, or that a site in use by a face-up agent cannot be used for any other purpose. Have I been assuming something ever since Dark Minions came out that is not actually stupported by the rules?

Edited for typos
Last edited by Bandobras Took on Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Bandobras Took wrote:I think Konrad Klar's making a parallel example in order to respond to Jaded's objection -- if one company stays at a site and the other moves, then the original site is not returned to the location deck, but remains with the company that has not moved.
Yes. This is obvious that site used as current site by non-moving company should not be removed (as site of origin at the end of other's company M/H phase), even if this is not explicitly stated in rules (maybe because this is obvious). Question is: why agent movement from such site whould by treated differently?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Jambo

Bandobras Took wrote:Have I been assuming something ever since Dark Minions came out that is not actually stupported by the rules?
I'm beginning to wonder the same thing! :shock:
Jambo

Jaded's questions are really quite hard to answer. I've looked through the rulesets and come up with the following tidbits (not necessarily related to the original question):
When removed from the play surface, rescue sites always return to the location deck.
Whenever, the hazard host is discarded, the rescue site always returns to the location deck.
If one could use their own rescue site (down for opponent's prisoners) to play an item, faction or ally, then once the prisoners were rescued or killed or the hazard host discarded, the site would still return to the location deck! Sounds screwy.

This also doesn't make it clear what happens when a hazard host is discarded and the prisoner is freed through MT. If the player who's character was prisoner doesn't have the same site card available, how can the rescue site be returned to the owner's location deck? The character would be siteless. Also what happens if the agent that returned to the site through TGYA is still there at the rescue site when the prisoner is freed and the site card is supposed to be returned to the location deck...?
Agents move and operate alone (i.e., they do not move and operate in "companies").

This one puzzled me. It seems to suggest that agents can't move or exist together in companies. Fair enough, they're hazards, not characters. But there's no explicit suggestion that they can't individually be at the same site, or move individually to the same site, as the per the example Jaded gave of two agents at the same homesite.
If one of your agents is revealed before it has moved, you must immediately choose which home site it is at - place the appropriate site card with the agent. If you do not have such a site card in your location deck, discard the agent at the end of the current turn.
When one of your agents and its site cards are revealed, all site cards other than the agent's current site card are returned...
to your location deck

This suggests that agents can't use sites already on the table. But can companies use a site already in use by an agent? If so, what happen if this site is face-down with a face-down agent, or face-up with a face-up agent? If allowed, presumably with the latter one could move there, play and item, faction or ally tapping the site and then move away. When the agent moves, the site returns to the location deck... Doesn't seem workable.

jaded

Generally I like the idea of treating the rescue site not off to the site, but this means that you may go with your companies there (whole new strategy arise).
Wacho

The issue of agents and sites has already been addressed in COE Digest #57
Can this be done? The agent in question (usually My Precious, I
suppose) will have to use a site card (since it's revealed), and thus
the site won't be available for your companies to move to, right?
*** You are correct. It cannot be done.
--------
A similar question: on your opponent's turn, can a (revealed) agent
move to a site one of your own companies is using?
*** No.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”