CoE Rulings Digest #121

miguel
Ex NetRep

1)
Remnants of Old Robberies states "equal to the kill Marshalling Points the defeated creature would give a hero player." Is this to be read as "a generic hero player" (i.e. the value in the corner) or "you as a hero player?" The difference is important in the case of one's own Ahunt Dragons.
---------------------------------------------------
Remnants doesn't override the rule that you can't get MPs from your own hazards.

2)
Seized By Terror states "Playable on a non-Wizard character moving in a Shadow-land or Dark-domain. Target character makes a roll (draws a #) and adds his mind. If the result is less than 12, that character splits off into a different company, and immediately returns to his original company's site of origin." Since the card requires the result of adding two values and compares this result to a number, will it work on a Ringwraith, who cannot add any mind value (not even zero)?
Target character will need to have a mind value, so you can't use Seized on a RW.

3)
Do the guidelines for wounding/eliminating agents apply to detainment attacks from agents? Will Gothmog get tired of Golodhros pestering him and simply rip him a new one?
Detainment attacks can't be defeated, so all Gothmog can really do is tell Golodhros to "shove it".

4)
Scenario: I declare hazard play and the hazard limit is checked. My opponent cancels the hazard before it resolves.
Question: Is the hazard limit reduced or not? I know the hazard limit is checked on declaration and resolution, but when is the hazard limit actually reduced by the play of a hazard?
Ok, common misconception: Playing hazards reduces the hazard limit. This does not happen. Hazard limit is just a value you compare the number of hazards played to.

Now for example if you play Doors of Night on a company with HL of 3, and I Twilight it, that DoN still counts as a hazard played. Therefore the company's HL is still 3, but you have played 1 hazard so you can play (3-1=) 2 more.

5)
Do the sites that have become adjacent to an under-deeps site due to Caverns Unchoked count as surface sites.
The answer is yes, so you cannot play cards like A Few Recruits at those sites anymore.

6)
Great Ship says: "Tap a character in target company during the organization phase to play Great Ship on that company. If the company's current site path contains a coastal sea region and no consecutive non-coastal sea regions, until the end of the turn any character in the company may tap to cancel the effects of one hazard that targets the company."

If your company moves through the required regions to trigger GS, then it moves a second time, but during the second time it does not move through the required regions, is GS's effect still in play? I would assume yes, since GS says "until the end of the turn." But it seems that no one has ever asked about this before in the digests.

Lastly, this can't do anything about ahunt attacks, right?
I agree that once Great Ship's effect has fully resolved it will stay on for the rest of the turn. You are also correct in assuming Great Ship can't help you with Ahunts because they don't target the company.

7)
Can Hall of Fire be used to untap an orc or a troll?
Yes. HoF does not target the orc/troll directly so that's legal.

Mikko Vihtemäki
Council of Elrond NetRep*
mipevi@utu.fi

*Prepared in collaboration with Mark Alfano and David Barton (NetRep Team), and Brian Min, Manuel Cabezali Romero, Konrad Klar, and Jamie Pollock (NetRep Advisors).

Return to “CoE Rulings Digest #114 - #125”