Vile Fumes

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Balin
Ex Council Member

VILE FUMES ‐ Special Item (U)
Technology. Playable at a tapped or untapped Shadow‐hold, Dark‐hold, or a site with a Dwarf automatic‐attack.
Discard during the site phase at a Border‐ hold or Shadow‐hold to make all versions of the site Ruins and Lairs. Its
normal automatic‐attacks are replaced with: Gas ‐ each character faces 1 strike with 7 prowess (cannot be canceled).
Keep Vile Fumes with the site until the site is discarded or returned to its location deck.
May I discard Vile Fumes before entering the site in order to avoid the normal auto-attack? I know there is a rule that says nothing can be played before entering a site but cards that affect the auto-attack, but I'm not sure if discarding Vile Fumes follows this rule or not.

On the other hand, it says:
Keep Vile Fumes with the site until the site is discarded or returned to its location deck.
Does it mean Vile Fumes still gives 1 MP until the site is gone? :roll:

Thanks in advance.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
zirilan

:arrow: You can't use it unless faceing all automatic-attacks 1st.
A company may not play any resource during the site phase until they have faced all automatic-attacks, unless that resource directly affects an automatic-attack. Removing an automatic-attack does not directly affect it, although cancelling does.
:arrow: You still have the 1 MP from the Item, as long the site card stays in play.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”