Will Shaken

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
domse
Ex Council Member

Hey,
some questions about Will Shaken that I couldnt find in any digest:

1) What happens when I play Revealed to all Watchers with will shaken in hand? Does my opponent get in his MP pile?
2) If you have multiple Will Shakens in discard pile and skip your turn, how many Will Shaken are transferred into my MP pile? 1 or all?
3) Is it right that this card is totally useless against Fallen-Wizards (I guess I know the answer to this one?

Thanks!
marcos
Council Member

domse wrote:Hey,
some questions about Will Shaken that I couldnt find in any digest:

1) What happens when I play Revealed to all Watchers with will shaken in hand? Does my opponent get in his MP pile?
2) If you have multiple Will Shakens in discard pile and skip your turn, how many Will Shaken are transferred into my MP pile? 1 or all?
3) Is it right that this card is totally useless against Fallen-Wizards (I guess I know the answer to this one?

Thanks!
1) No, will shaken text states that it triggers with an opponent's effect
2) No idea, but i'm inclined to say that 1 turn = 1 will shaken
3) Since it is a MP source for a FW it will be worth 1 MP

BTW i just sent you an important PM ;)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

This card cannot be played. If your opponent looks at cards from your hand (due to the use of one of his cards or abilities) and sees Will Shaken, place this card in his marshalling point pile. He loses two miscellaneous marshalling points. Your opponent may skip his turn in order to place this card in your discard pile.
Skipping a turn is the active condition of placing one copy of Will Shaken in the discard pile. Each copy requires one turn to be skipped.

Also, the card may not be worthless against Fallen Wizards.
Fool's Bane wrote:Additionally, his Elf characters and Elf factions are each worth 0 marshalling points in all cases.
Foul Tooth Unsheathed wrote:hazards his companies defeat (while this card is in play) without an asterisk [*] are worth no marshalling points
Hazards are capable of modifying a Fallen Wizard's MPs. Will Shaken will cause a Fallen Wizard to lose two miscellaneous MPs per the card text, and would possibly be considered a modification to MPs, not a source of MPs itself. Kill MPs are automatically worth 1 MP to a Fallen Wizard, but Will Shaken is not a source of Kill MPs, it is a hazard that modifies an opponent's Miscellaneous MP total.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
domse
Ex Council Member

Okay, question Nr. 1 was foolish. I asked because i didnt have gccg or my collection handy and trusted the spoiler list on the CoE site which doesnt have the part in brackets in it.

Now, that fallen wizard MP modifying thing is weird stuff. Additional question: Does the opponent need miscellanous MP that he can lose our can he simply have negative misc. MP?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Just because value has "-" sign does not mean it is a modifier. How to indicate negative value otherwise?
Fool's Bane and Foul Tooth Unsheathed modifies MP of other sources of MP, not MP of categories Faction MP, and Kill MP.
If changing of number of MP in given category counts as modification then what is not a modifier?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That is why I used the words "possibly", "may not be," etc. It is at least possible to read the card that way.
One Dear To You wrote:Playable on a faction you have in play. -1 faction marshalling points. Any influence attempt against the faction is modified by -8 and Muster may not be used against the faction.
As worded, the card does not modify the MP value of the faction it is played on; it modifies your faction MP total.

I am personally inclined to think of Will Shaken as a modification to Miscellaneous MPs. It is, however, open to debate -- I have no strong feelings either way.

Neither So Ancient Nor So Potent, on the other hand, is a good example of a hazard card that is a source of MPs and would be worth 1 MP to a Fallen Wizard.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Bandobras Took wrote:As worded, the card does not modify the MP value of the faction it is played on; it modifies your faction MP total.

I am personally inclined to think of Will Shaken as a modification to Miscellaneous MPs. It is, however, open to debate -- I have no strong feelings either way.
Right.
Similarly Heedless Revelry says:
"Playable on non-Ringwraith company that is not moving".
Not "Playable on non-Ringwraith's company that is not moving".
Which was a reason for debate on NetRep Discussion Forum.

And yet there is Tribute Garnered that says that target faction gives an additional Misc MP, despite of fact that value printed in left upper corner would suggest something else (Tribute Garnered itself gives 1 Misc MP). Situation opposite to the One Dear To You*.

*) My personal credits to the |Highwayman|that discovered if for polish forum (as argument against me) in discussion about validity of "These MPs cannot be modified by a hero or minion resource event (e.g., Rumor of the One, Tribute Garnered, Sentinels of Numenor, etc.)." from WH rules.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”