Discarding Wizards Trove

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
domse
Ex Council Member

It seems common prcatice to discard a Wizards Trove after the succesful paly of the White Tree in order to fulfill the requirement of Echoes of the Song. Looking again at the card I would say, that the White Tree is only 1 MP then, because there is no Stage Card in play that states the opposite. Am I right and we misplayed this one all the time or do I miss something?
marcos
Council Member

in my oppinion, you are right. All cards are worth 1MP unless a given stage resource (or Fallen-wizard's ability) modifies its value. Since Trove isn't in play anymore, the tree is worth 1 mp again
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I agree with Marcos.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
domse
Ex Council Member

Okay, do you also agree that it was misplayed in the past or was it only my very personal impression?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

And from this moment Minas Tirith counts as Haven for the purposes of playing hazards and healing.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
domse
Ex Council Member

RIGHT! That is supercool, if somebody builds a deck to exploit this I buy him a beer!
marcos
Council Member

domse wrote:Okay, do you also agree that it was misplayed in the past or was it only my very personal impression?
It could have been misplayed by someone, but my own personal oppinion that wasn't such a commonly scene situation, at least, i've never seen that happening
Bruce
Ex Council Member

domse wrote:RIGHT! That is supercool, if somebody builds a deck to exploit this I buy him a beer!
Hmm... maybe playing a Minas Tirith squat deck (factions, palantir, choice of luthien, rotk, fealty sworn...) w/ a roadblock tapping site hazard strategy (DoN+long winter and/or foul fumes) would do: once Minas Tirith becomes a [-me_ha-] for the purpose of interpreting hazards it would become immune to Long Winter and Foul Fumes, and your opponent couldn't harass you anymore w/ assassins. ;)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

It becomes a Haven for purpose of playing, but not interpreting of hazards, so can be tapped by Long Winter, Foul Fumes, but Lure of Senses and Lure of Creation does not trigger there.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Bruce
Ex Council Member

Then I guess nobody is going to get that beer... :)

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”