Univeral Rules Document

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
miguel
Ex NetRep

No problem Wolfgang, these things happen. :wink:

Wow Ben, you are a sick individual (in a good way). I could not examine digests/rulings for several hours in a row, I think my brain would fry. :lol:
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The URD has now become a google doc to which the NetRep has been given full editorial access. The torch has been passed. The relay stick has been handed over. The night shift has gone home. The traffic cop has blown the whistle. The pasta fagioli has received its garlic and olive oil. :)

Here should be a nice read-only link. With Google Docs allowing download in a variety of formats, this should make it easier than ever to have an up-to-date copy of the rules!

P.S. If that link, for some reason, doesn't work, please let me know so I can edit this post and the first post in the thread in a hurry. :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I miss some entries on page 29 -> D. Organization Phase

- Play a character
- Play stage resources
miguel
Ex NetRep

Only thing I have done so far was correct a typo on first page... Perhaps the document needs to be taken off public distribution until I get a chance to go through it properly?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

It hasn't done too much harm, so far as I know; so long as the flaws are eventually fixed and announced, I see no problem that is not present in a digest which garbles an answer (à la The Forge Master question :) ).
Aranarth

I like the doc in general but I'd like to see blank pages removed, and a functional table of contents with page numbers for the sections, and hyperlinked to those sections.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The blanks had to do with an open office bug; now that it's a Google Doc, those should be rather easily editable.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Aranarth wrote:I like the doc in general but I'd like to see blank pages removed, and a functional table of contents with page numbers for the sections, and hyperlinked to those sections.
Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

Some (random) proofreading:

II. Glossary of Terms -> Character: The editor's note seem incomplete.

II. Glossary of Terms -> Company -> (c) for a fw player: the last bullet miss an "i", i.e., "(iii) overt"
miguel
Ex NetRep

Jose-san wrote:Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?
I'm grateful for your help, but IMO final polishing should be done after I have modified the content. Once I'm done, I will contact you regarding this. :)
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

miguel wrote:
Jose-san wrote:Yes, and general layout and readability can be improved as well. I'm willing to do that. Can I use word and submit the result to the NetRep?
I'm grateful for your help, but IMO final polishing should be done after I have modified the content. Once I'm done, I will contact you regarding this. :)
No problem. I'll keep on reviewing the document.
kober

Bandobras Took wrote:With Google Docs allowing download in a variety of formats, this should make it easier than ever to have an up-to-date copy of the rules!
If a version number or last edit date was printed (on the first page, for example) it would be much easier to keep track of document changes.
toub

Hello,

I wanted to print the document for myself, and I was scared by the number of pages (and - call me pedantic if you want - the overall raw shape of the text). So being a bit crazy I took some time to wrap it up all over again, with (of course) only cosmetic changes to the text. It's now a 2-column, 74 pages odt document. Who should I address it for approval ?

Cheers !
zirilan

:D I always wanted to have such a document and not be pointed to some CRF stuff in a forum to crawl thought them myself.
I think it is Mikko who would approve such thing but I really wanna have that in my hands too =)
You can mail it to me and I can forward it to Mikkos email addy, not sure he wants his email posted in an open forum.
zirilan@gmx.net
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The first post should contain a link for viewing the google doc. If it doesn't work, let me know.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”