Site types when playing different Alignments

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
rezwits
Council Member

I have a basic question.

Is the site type for playing cards on sites, that are havens, still their basic type for certain cards that target sites?

For instance:

If I was playing a Fallen-wizard, could I play:

Hold Rebuilt and Repaired

Playable on a non-Dragon's lair, non-Under-deeps Ruins & Lairs [R]. The site becomes a Shadow-hold [S] and all automatic-attacks become detainment. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck. "'Some rises once more from Orodruin that we cal Mount Doom.'" -LotRII

Because to me, even tho I am a fallen wizard the true nature of the card is that it is a Ruins & Lairs.

The same goes for Minas Morgul for a Minions. I know it's a haven, but in certain cases and basic cases it's a Dark-Hold.

Just wondering if the "True Site Type" is the case or if it's a Haven when your alignment calls for it.

Which means you can't apply resources to the site if it asks for a certain type, and since your alignment declares it a haven that's it...

Thanks... just scraping for unique deck ideas...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Mordakai
Council Member

My opinion about this:

If you are playing a certain allignment (say Minion), then some sites are a certain type (Minas Morgul is always a Haven ( [-me_dha-] ) for you, never a Dark Hold ( [-me_dh-] )). It's like Rivendell for Heroes, it will never be a Free Hold ( [-me_fh-] ), but a Haven ( [-me_ha-] ) for them.

For instance, Grey Havens are a Free Hold [-me_fh-] but a Haven [-me_ha-] for Heroes. Can you play (being a hero) "No strangers at this time" on the Lindon Elves (played there) because it is a Free Hold? No, never, because it will never be a free hold FOR YOU.

Other issue is the Fallen Wizard case, He must use certain sites under certain circumstances (than can also change while playing, see Heart Grown Cold, for example). He must adhere to the specific alignment of site in every case.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
rezwits
Council Member

Alright this makes sense.

I can agree with all of that.

I like how you said my opinion tho, but it's not really just your opinion is mainly fact :P

Laters...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”