roadblock cards

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Hombarus

Konrad Klar wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:43 pm It does not change a fact that:

Part "even though there is no indication that Snowstorm takes affect immediately in your interpretation it simply does."
does not make a sense, either alone, or in conjunction with rest of sentence.
In this post, how many mistakes have you made? Now that you are lecturing me in English.
What have you guys done to [-me_eye-] I used to love?!
Theo

Stating trouble parsing your sentence does not necessitate lecturing. My best guess at your intent:

"Unlike with River, where I can tap the ranger whenever I find it suitable to be able to do anything at the site, in your interpretation Snowstorm takes affect immediately, even though there is no indication of that. Correct?"

In which case I disagree with your premise that there is no indication that Snowstorm effects are not resolved immediately.
MELE wrote:Short-event – A short-event’s effects are implemented; then, it is discarded.
Both River and Snowstorm effects are implemented immediately. The difference is that the River effect stipulates a restriction in actions if something (tapping a ranger) does not occur before some specified time (the site phase). The River effect has built into it the deadline before its restriction occurs. Snowstorm has no such deadlines; it's effect of returning the company simply happens (when the card resolves).

P.S. I appreciate your focus on the rulings. And Tyranny of the Majority also has a non-paradoxical association which I value.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hombarus wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm Still is simple. All ahunts will attack (apart from Earcaraxe). To decide the sequence, the controlling player of the dragons will assign it. Then Foul Fumes kicks in as in Grey Mountain Narrows every single one of those cards have effect.

Let me guess, your way is that they return and no ahunts will attack.
Wrong guess.
Actions from Ahunts and Snowstorm (i.e. attacks and return) are declared in order chosen by player taking its turn.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Theo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:49 am Snowstorm has no such deadlines; it's effect of returning the company simply happens (when the card resolves).
I disagree. When Snowstorm card resolves it does nothing at the point.
If it happens when a company moves through [-me_wi-], the action "return to the site of origin" is declared as first action of new chain of effects.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:04 am
Hombarus wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm Still is simple. All ahunts will attack (apart from Earcaraxe). To decide the sequence, the controlling player of the dragons will assign it. Then Foul Fumes kicks in as in Grey Mountain Narrows every single one of those cards have effect.

Wrong guess.
Actions from Ahunts and Snowstorm (i.e. attacks and return) are declared in order chosen by player taking its turn.
Correction.
Actions from Ahunts and Foul Fumes (i.e. attacks, returning and tapping a sites with [-me_sl-], o [-me_dd-] in their site path) are declared in order chosen by player taking its turn.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hombarus wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm

Part "even though there is no indication that Snowstorm takes affect immediately in your interpretation it simply does."
In this post, how many mistakes have you made? Now that you are lecturing me in English.
Hombarus

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:38 am
Hombarus wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:58 pm

I kind of get the feeling that your interpretations of the cards are parallel with your English.

1 - you do not change a fact, but THE fact when you point the fact out.
2 - you do not make A sense. Sense is not something you can count so the use of 'A' is a major error.
3 - rest of THE sentence.

Kind of 4 - The sentence makes perfect sense and it is your lack of English that makes you believe it does not.

You make 3 major mistakes in the spam of 1 sentence and you lecture me. Thing is mate, and I mean it in the most factual and objective way possible: Your English is so poor, you should step back and leave the interpretation to those who actually speak the language.

And that was my initial point for which I was hammered by some of you, when I mentioned broken English skills. Well here is a proof (well three actually), and there is another ten thousand of those in each and every one of your comments.

So for those who said I was insulting people here: No I was pointing out A fact.
Last edited by Hombarus on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hombarus

Wrong guess.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. There is no snowstorm in this example. You are lost. And you make a fool of yourself. You do not make points, you flex your ego.

Not to mention when I came here for guidance I was told the passive effect takes place, no creatures/other attacks take place, under the so called terms of 'bounce'.
This statement of yours right here contradicts the original ruling you presented. You are all over the place mate and seemingly way out of depth.
Last edited by Hombarus on Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hombarus

In all seriousness. Peeps who speak the language AND understand the game should sit down and start from scratch to build a more 'black and white' structure to the rules. This game is still amazing all it needs is a revamp.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hombarus wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:54 am

Wrong guess.
Please stop embarrassing yourself. There is no snowstorm in this example. You are lost. And you make a fool of yourself. You do not make points, you flex your ego.
I made a correction for the post:
viewtopic.php?p=30296#p30296
Did you overlooked it?

I make a corrections to an errors in my posts, if I realize that I made them. And I prefer to make such corrections in another post, if possible.
This is fair, because (unlike editing original post) it does not hide the fact that I made an error, and does take away a satisfaction from anyone who does not tolerate an imperfection.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hombarus wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:54 am Not to mention when I came here for guidance I was told the passive effect takes place, no creatures/other attacks take place. This statement of yours right here contradicts the original ruling you presented. You are all over the place mate.
There is no such thing like "passive effect". There is such thing like "action caused by passive condition".
If an action is declared, then a creature, or corruption card may not be declared in response. And it does not matter whether the action is caused by passive condition, or declared by player.

So far you have failed to point exactly any "original ruling" you are speaking about in your posts. Maybe such ruling is somewhere "over the place", but only you know, where exactly and what it exactly says.
Hombarus

"I make a corrections to an errors in my posts"

:D

I rest my case
Theo

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:10 am
Theo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:49 am Snowstorm has no such deadlines; it's effect of returning the company simply happens (when the card resolves).
I disagree. When Snowstorm card resolves it does nothing at the point.
If it happens when a company moves through [-me_wi-], the action "return to the site of origin" is declared as first action of new chain of effects.
Yes, I was definitely thinking of the wrong card. Snowstorm is a long-event, not short. :shock: This is unchanged:
Theo wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:49 am In which case I disagree with your premise that there is no indication that Snowstorm effects are not resolved immediately.
However the relevant quote should have been:
MELE wrote:Long-event --– The effects of a long-event are immediately implemented when it is played.
It's effect is to establish a passive condition triggering on [-me_wi-] in company's site path. The effect of that passive condition (returning the company to site of origin) occurs whenever the condition is satisfied, so maybe from that Homburas is confused about a "delay" from when the card was originally played? But there is no allowance to delay the returning effect longer than the Chain of Effects created when the condition is satisfied, no opportunity to actively initiate new chains of effect at that point.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Hombarus

Finally someone making a point for a debate. Well yes, and that is where I raised a point of treating the M/H phase as a mathematical vector and not as a dot.
Hombarus

And I am not confused. There is literally no indication that the return effect, labeled as "bounce" takes effect immediately. Snowstorm indicates that all companies on the move must not reach their intended destination and must return to their site of origin (if [-me_wi-] is present in their journey). The immediate return is what I am debating not the return itself.
Last edited by Hombarus on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”