Tom Bombadil and On-Guard hazards

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
callidusx3

Hello all,

A friend of mine and I were in disagreement regarding the ability for Bombadil to use his ability to affect hazards during the site phase. He feels it cannot because the company is no longer moving. Though I agree with that point, the way the rules read regarding on-guard hazards, they are considered to resolve as if they were in the movement/hazard phase.

Who wins? Who loses? You decide!

...or perhaps we are both not quite right.

Thanks.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

callidusx3 wrote: Though I agree with that point, the way the rules read regarding on-guard hazards, they are considered to resolve as if they were in the movement/hazard phase.
CRF, Turn Sequence, Site Phase, On-Guard Cards wrote:Rules Erratum: An on-guard card may only be revealed if it could have also been
played during the movement/hazard phase. This means all targets of the card must
have existed during the movement/hazard phase in order for the card to be revealed.
Underline mine.

It is not that a conditions existing in M/H phase are taken into account, instead a conditions existing in site phase.
Playability conditions of on-guard card must exist both in M/H phase and in site phase (text of certain on-guard cards may override it).

It is nowhere written that on-guard cards "are considered to resolve as if they were in the movement/hazard phase".
callidusx3 wrote:Who wins? Who loses? You decide!
If I could decide your opponent would win in this case. :)
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
callidusx3

Thank you Konrad. We will go with your decision.

To give a bit more clarity to my position, I was going off of the rulebook that came with the gift set box wherein the on-guard section reads as I had written above (more or less).
callidusx3

Thank you Konrad. We will go with your decision.

To give a bit more clarity to my position, I was going off of the rulebook that came with the gift set box wherein the on-guard section reads as I had written above (more or less).

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”