Smokerings

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
DM_Eonwe

Can I get an item from my deck with this cards? If not, what is a good way to make (more or less) sure that I draw The One Ring? Any suggestions how to build a deck with The One Ring? Thanks!
Grishnakh

With Smokerings you can get a card from your Discard Pile or Sideboard, but not in your hand just to your Playdeck.
The best card to pick up the One Ring from your play deck is "Far-sight" or the minion version "All thought bent Upon it".
This cards are not unique wich means you can put them in your deck 3 times to get it faster.
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
DM_Eonwe

Thanks a lot! But how does that work? The One ring is a Special Item where could I use "Far-Sight" to get The One Ring?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Sage only during the site phase at an untapped site where "Information" is playable. Tap the sage and the site to search through your play deck and choose an item that you must reveal to your opponent. This item is placed in your hand and the play deck is reshuffled. The sage makes a corruption check.
Far Sight allows you to bring any item from your deck to you hand. The type of item does not matter. All you need is a sage at a site where information is playable.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
DM_Eonwe

Mhh... I had the impression it needs to fit the site too. Maybe I mix it up with Thrór's Map or another card. Thanks a lot!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The Dwarven Rings pull items based on what's playable at the site.
Grishnakh

"Far sight" of course is to get "The One Ring" into hand, not into play.
To reveal "The One Ring" into play first you need a gold ring, a card or ability to test the ring and (the main point) the high roll for "The One Ring".
For the roll hepls: "Scroll of isildur", "Wizard's test" (to have 2 rolls) and to make the roll @ The Under-Grottos ;)
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh [-me_eye-]
Cheers,
Heiko / Grishnakh
kober

Smoke Rings wrote:Bring one resource or character from your sideboard or discard pile into your play deck and shuffle.
MEWH Rules wrote:A hero resource event card may not target/affect a minion site card or a minion resource card.
Can a Fallen Wizard use Smoke Rings to bring minion resources?
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

no as the rules explain
dirhaval

Remember that resources that have a square shape in upper left of the card are items.
So use Far-sight on those items......including Anduril, Flame of the West.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

kober wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 am
Smoke Rings wrote:Bring one resource or character from your sideboard or discard pile into your play deck and shuffle.
MEWH Rules wrote:A hero resource event card may not target/affect a minion site card or a minion resource card.
Can a Fallen Wizard use Smoke Rings to bring minion resources?
I do not think that possibility of drawing, bringing, searching for, or playing (also preventing of playing*) a resource, or a card in general, affect the resource, or a card in general.

A resource (a card) itself is not affected. Only player may, or is prevented, to make some action with the card of specified type.

*) Skies of Fire cannot evade Balance Between Powers
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

@Konrad: But you do agree that bringing a card from the sideboard/discard to the play deck is targeting that card with an action, right?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Bandobras Took wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:17 pm @Konrad: But you do agree that bringing a card from the sideboard/discard to the play deck is targeting that card with an action, right?
Only if this is a concrete card, i.e. the concrete card is specified at declaration of an action.
Exhalation of Decay, or In Great Wrath are examples.
Smoke Rings may be played even if there is no resource/character card in discard pile/sideboard (they potentially may appear there in result of an actions declared in response).
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
kober

So, do we have a consensus on whether FW can use Smoke Rings to bring minion resources? Ditto for Weigh All Things to a Nicety and hero resources.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Konrad's reasoning is sound; it's similar to the way you can play River on the site of a non-moving company.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”