Freeze the flesh

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Now try to construct a text that would reflect that intention.
I am unable. Once when body check fails the character card goes to out-of-play pile, or to MP pile. I do not see a time between to declare anything.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
dirhaval

It has been debated how the dead character is no longer in the company. I see the logic in that. However, the dead character in a way is still in the company, but we can say in a spirited form. That is in the hazard limit. The base hazard limit is not modified because a character leaves or joins the company during the movement/hazard phase. Some then will extend this to assigning a strike to the dead character, but then does that character have a prowess? Creatures attack/assign strikes to characters, not companies. Companies face attacks. The magic card speaks of two companies: the current company and the Long-event Phase company. This is the logic I use to play the magic card.

I wish someday to see a Freeze the Fleshed character, who can use shadow-magic, play this magic card on the shadow-magic character that played the first Freeze the Flesh. That is on my kick-the-bucket list. :roll:
dirhaval

Too lazy to search all the posts about this resource event.

What happens when player discards the Freeze the Flesh character at home site or haven?
Is the character re-fleshed in the discard pile or sent to the elimination pile?
And can Freeze the Flesh be played on the character again if eliminated?
CDavis7M

dirhaval wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am I wish someday to see a Freeze the Fleshed character, who can use shadow-magic, play this magic card on the shadow-magic character that played the first Freeze the Flesh. That is on my kick-the-bucket list. :roll:
This must have happened, right? Seems like someone must have doubled-down on Shadow-magic and pulled this off. I think it would have to be the agents. If it were Ringwraiths they probably have something better to do with their magic and are harder to kill. But what deck do you build that excels when your characters are eliminated?

-----
dirhaval wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:29 pm Too lazy to search all the posts about this resource event.

What happens when player discards the Freeze the Flesh character at home site or haven?
Is the character re-fleshed in the discard pile or sent to the elimination pile?
And can Freeze the Flesh be played on the character again if eliminated?
Well, if the character is discarded (instead of playing a new character) then they go to the discard pile with no other option normally. There is nothing that would cause them to go to the out-of-play pile even though they were once-eliminated. I see no reason why Freeze the Flesh couldn't be played on them again if they were brought into play and then eliminated again.
Theo

More amusing might be to influence the character away.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Especially if the character is additionally under effect of Well-preserved.
dirhaval

This makes;
I did look at the CRF, Ruling Digests, and 4.2 Universal Rules Document before the first post.
I can see this abused by sending starting company to Lorien/Edhellond for a big item,
getting a character wounded. Next turn, on the return to a darkhaven has that character
killed by body check, maybe with Malady, where a RIngwraith that squatted there plays Freeze the Flesh since the
zombie's company joins with the Ringwraith. Will not Tarcil carry the dead Eradan back for a burial?
CDavis7M

Doesn't seem like it works.

Tarcil would carry his bro back but it's too late for him them.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

This viewtopic.php?f=144&t=3387 version of the card says:
Playable on a character eliminated by a body check, that was eliminated this turn, if you have a shadow‐magic‐using character in play that was in the same company when the character was eliminated.
RIngwraith was not in a company of a character eliminated by body check when the character has been eliminated.
dirhaval

Good makes me happy a version was voted on about this card.
Idea of stalling the play of the magic card came from joining of companies
during the site phase if both have Swarm of Bats or Crept Along Carefully.

Now, can Akhorahil Unleashed be played during movement/hazard phase
not that of Akhorahil so to grab Freeze the Flesh and play immediately?
This idea is that of Hoarmurath Unleash, the same for Wizard's Laughter
playable when needed.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

dirhaval wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:07 am Now, can Akhorahil Unleashed be played during movement/hazard phase
not that of Akhorahil so to grab Freeze the Flesh and play immediately?
Not in the same chain of effects. It may be Immediately, if opponent will not declare anything in response to Akhôrahil Unleashed.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:05 am It may be Immediately, if opponent will not declare anything in response to Akhôrahil Unleashed.
And if Akhôrahil Unleashed is first declared action of a chain of effects (not in response to other action).
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:20 am This viewtopic.php?f=144&t=3387 version of the card says:
Playable on a character eliminated by a body check, that was eliminated this turn, if you have a shadow‐magic‐using character in play that was in the same company when the character was eliminated.
RIngwraith was not in a company of a character eliminated by body check when the character has been eliminated.
That's how the card already worked

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”