More questions

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
NiclasCage

Hi, sorry for posting in the wrong forum earlier. Got a few more questions. (I've played probably 60-70 games, funny I haven't thought of these earlier)

a) Will the card Secret Passage keep my company hidden from a dragon ahunt-card (if I played such a card during my enemy's turn)?

b) I'm not sure if I understand the card Morannon. I expect the meaning of this card is to get a small company into Mordor from Dagorlad, but the text on the card doesn't really say how it's supposed to work. If someone here could explain it I would be grateful.

c) The cards that indicate capture of a character at a Ruins & Lairs etc, is this just an imaginary site in the region they are captured, or do we 'move' the character to an actual site? And if the latter, who decides which site, and do the rescuers have to face the site's automatic-attack in addition to the rescue-attack?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

A)
Playable only at the end of the organization phase. If the company that it is played on moves to a Ruins & Lairs [R] site, opponent may only play hazard creatures that are keyed to the company's site.
Ahunt Dragons are Long-Events, not Creatures.

B) The card Morannon is a resource that functions as a site card that is drawn from your play deck and played from your hand rather than being in your location deck.

C)
MEDM Rules wrote:TAKING PRISONERS

Certain hazard permanent-events cause a character to be taken prisoner-these are called hazard hosts. A character taken prisoner immediately leaves his original company and is placed under its hazard host "off to the side." Additionally, the player playing the hazard host must take a site card from his location deck and place it with the hazard host-this is called the rescue site. Playing a rescue site is governed by the following rules.

Any restrictions listed on the hazard host must be observed (e.g., it must be a Ruins & Lairs, must have an Orc automatic-attack, etc.).
If the hazard host is played on a character moving with region movement, the rescue site must be a site located in a region in which the character was moving or in a region adjacent to a region in which the character was moving.
If the hazard host is played on a character moving with starter movement, the rescue site must be located in the region containing the site of origin or the new site.
If the hazard host is played on a character not moving, the rescue site must be located in the same region as the character's site.
If the hazard host is played on a character moving to a new site that is an adjacent site of an Under-deeps site, the rescue site can be that Under-deeps site.
If a rescue site is not available within these rules, the hazard host cannot be played!
When removed from the play surface, rescue sites always return to the location deck.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
NiclasCage

Thanks. That will teach me to read all the rules again.

Last question for now;

Roäc the Raven. What does his text mean? "No modifications to the influence check are required" ?

Do I use another character in the company to influence the faction, or do I roll with Röac's score of 1?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

"No modifications to the influence check are required" probably does not mean anything sensible.
There is errata to the text of the Roäc the Raven.
CRF, Errata (Cards), Roäc the Raven wrote:Card Erratum: Replace "no modifications to the influence check are required." with
"treat this influence check as if it was made by a diplomat." His special ability may
only be used during the site phase. He can make the attempt by himself. Using this
ally to make an influence attempt does not tap a site, and may be done if his company
is at a tapped site.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
NiclasCage

Thank you! :)

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”