The Will of Sauron & Peril Returned

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
rezwits
Council Member

Ok.

It's my opponent's turn.

I am saying (sticks) for sake of "timing arguments"

DURING THE M/H PHASE

I play Peril (sticks), no Marvels Told

later on He finds a Gates, plays it (sticks).

Later on I find a Doors of Night and play it:

The Gates is now removed from play.
When Doors of Night finally tries to STICK i.e. stay on the board it can't,
because Peril's Effect of "Doors of Night is considered to be in play" is now there.
But the Doors of Night "When Played effect, happens"
Because:
When Doors of Night is played, all resource environment cards in play are immediately discarded, and all resource environment effects are canceled.

And it says immediately, which would bring up other Rulings such as Narya and "immediately", (which would bring up arguments such as you can't respond, but I am not going to go there, cause you can't respond to "immediately" blah blah blah, ha ha ha), remember NO TIMING arguments. i.e. in my mind you couldn't/should't be able to respond with another Gates, or even Twilight, because Twilight even says, "One environment card in play is immediately discarded", so Doors would have to be "in play"

That's all I am saying...
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I think he's saying that if Doors of Night is considered to be in play, that is sufficient for " Cannot be duplicated."

However, (and this is weird) Peril Returned merely states that Doors of Night is considered to be in play. The text of Doors of Night is not in play through Peril Returned (i.e. when Peril Returned is played, it does not copy the actual card text of Doors of Night).

Therefore, there is no "Cannot be duplicated" to worry about.
MELE Rules wrote:In all cases, if a card "cannot be duplicated," a second copy of that card cannot be declared
Peril Returned is not a copy of the card Doors of Night. It is its own card whose text allows Doors of Night to be considered to be in play.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
rezwits
Council Member

So you are saying it's cool to have Peril Returned and an actual copy of Doors of Night in play?

So TWO Doors of Night Effects in play?

IDK to me it seems to make sense if Peril says, Doors of Night is in Play, you kinda "pretend" a holographic copy is sitting on the table,

Like if using a video game, there would be a proxy of the card in play... FULL CARD.
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

As I said, it's weird, but that's how it works. You can have one copy of Doors of Night in play and however many Peril Returned cards you and your opponent can have out at once.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”