New to the game and have some questions.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

1. For cards like Great Ship and Leaflock which can cancel the effects of a hazard targeting the company, are corruption cards and other hazards that target a character and not the company also eligible to be canceled? or does the hazard need to target the company as a whole?

2. If The Will of Sauron is in play with doors of night, and a card like Scorba Ahunt is also in play, if a company faces the attack from Scorba but does not defeat it or cancel it, does Scorba Ahunt stay in play, and must all subsequent companies moving through the affected regions face the attack until Scorba Ahunt is defeated or canceled?

3. Since there is an errata stating that once a unique dragon manifestation is defeated, the corresponding site loses its automatic attack and also its status as a hoard site, does that really mean that if I travel to the Lonely Mountain and defeat Smaug At Home, I can't play any hoard items there on that same turn? As if all the riches suddenly disappear, it doesn't seem to make sense. Does this mean that you can play (non hoard) greater items there without having to face any automatic attacks?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

1) Errata updates all instances to include "an entity associated with the company." So, go ahead.

2) Yes.

3) The site remains a hoard site until the end of the turn. After that, all the treasure mysteriously vanishes.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

for 3.) Are items still playable at the site after the hoard status and automatic attack go away?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Yes, normal items as listed on the site are playable. Just not hoard items.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

If traveling through coastal regions to a wilderness, may I use Great Ship to cancel the effects of Snowstorm?

How do cards like Morgul Knife, Pale Sword, and Black Breath function? Are they played on their own as normal permanent events, only to have their effects take place when applicable? Or are they only playable during Nazgul attacks?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm If traveling through coastal regions to a wilderness, may I use Great Ship to cancel the effects of Snowstorm?
No, because Snowstorm doesn't target the company.
CRF - Great Ship
Allows the canceling of one creature or the canceling and discarding of an event that targets the company in question or an entity associated with that company.

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:29 pm How do cards like Morgul Knife, Pale Sword, and Black Breath function? Are they played on their own as normal permanent events, only to have their effects take place when applicable? Or are they only playable during Nazgul attacks?
They are only playable during Nazgul attacks, so far as I know. Although I could see an argument being made for Black Breath legally being played prior to a Nazgul attack and later triggered as appropriate. Unless there is a rule I am forgetting which states that corruption keyword cards must always be played directly onto characters.
Yegor

the Jabberwock wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:34 am Although I could see an argument being made for Black Breath legally being played prior to a Nazgul attack and later triggered as appropriate.
Meaning their foul breath is felt long before they themselves appear? :D
CCG Collector

the Jabberwock wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 am
DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:49 am If I wish to travel to an under-deeps site, must I at any time face the automatic attack of the surface site?
No. You do not face automatic attacks for sites that you are leaving. Only for sites that you are entering during the site phase.
Sorry if this has already been asked, but if you enter a surface site and tap it, then move to its adjacent Under-deeps site, is there any way to get back before your deck is exhausted and your discarded sites are returned? Or are you stuck underground until then?
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

If the company that moved to the adjacent Under-deeps site would join with other and the joining would result in violation of company composition rules, then the company (or other company, that moved to the site) must return. Even if its former site of origin card is in discard pile.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CCG Collector

Konrad Klar wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:55 pm If the company that moved to the adjacent Under-deeps site would join with other and the joining would result in violation of company composition rules, then the company (or other company, that moved to the site) must return. Even if its former site of origin card is in discard pile.
If you were replying to me, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. There's only one company, and after exploring (and tapping) the surface site, it moves to the Under-deeps site. Let's say a company goes to Mount Gundabad, defeats the 2x8 Orcs, and plays Narsil (tapping Mount Gundabad). Then, on the following turn, the entire company moves to the Under-leas, and Mount Gundabad, being tapped, is discarded. There's no way for that company to return to Mount Gundabad, right?
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

CCG Collector wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:05 pm If you were replying to me, I think you misunderstood what I was asking. There's only one company, and after exploring (and tapping) the surface site, it moves to the Under-deeps site. Let's say a company goes to Mount Gundabad, defeats the 2x8 Orcs, and plays Narsil (tapping Mount Gundabad). Then, on the following turn, the entire company moves to the Under-leas, and Mount Gundabad, being tapped, is discarded. There's no way for that company to return to Mount Gundabad, right?
Correct, they are stuck below in the Under-deeps until you exhaust your play deck and return discarded sites to the location deck. Of course, they can always attempt to travel to a different Under-deeps site and then surface at a site you have not yet used.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

My friend told me he read that it is legal to include Twilight as a resource during deck construction--as in 30 hazards (not including Twilight) and 27 resources + 3 copies of Twilight to make (30 resources*)...

I don't believe him.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CRF, Tournaments, Deck Construction wrote:Cards that can be played as either hazards or resources may count as either for
purposes of deck construction.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

In that case, may I use Smoke Rings to retrieve Twilights from the sideboard or discard pile?

If I am traveling through a wilderness, and my opponent plays a hazard creature keyed to a wilderness, must he declare which wilderness? If so, may I then play a card such as The Evenstar to change said wilderness into a different region type, thereby nullifying the hazard? For example, I travel through Withered Heath, my opponent plays Wargs, keyed to wilderness, specified as Withered Heath, and I use a card to change Withered Heath into a borderland... ?? Is that a legal strategy or is that not how it works?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 am In that case, may I use Smoke Rings to retrieve Twilights from the sideboard or discard pile?
No. Twilight may be played as a hazard, or as a resource, but for other purposes other than deck construction it is a hazard.
DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 am If I am traveling through a wilderness, and my opponent plays a hazard creature keyed to a wilderness, must he declare which wilderness?
No. He does not must and cannot.
DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:44 am If so, may I then play a card such as The Evenstar to change said wilderness into a different region type, thereby nullifying the hazard? For example, I travel through Withered Heath, my opponent plays Wargs, keyed to wilderness, specified as Withered Heath, and I use a card to change Withered Heath into a borderland... ?? Is that a legal strategy or is that not how it works?
It is not legal strategy.
Creature keyed to some region type requires that the type symbol exists in company site path to be declared an to resolve.
It does not matter, how the type is related to a some region.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”