New to the game and have some questions.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Bandobras Took wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:48 pm 2. Yes. Keep in mind that it was errataed to be playable during the site phase only after having faced the automatic attack(s).
CRF, Errata(Cards), Rebuild the Town wrote:Card Erratum: Replace "Playable on" with "Playable during the site phase on."
Whether it is required to face an automatic attack(s) before playing the card is matter of controversies.
Text of the card does not indicate that playing it is a company's activity.
Tapped hero Bree card with No Strangers at this Time* AND with Nature's Revenge AND with no company at the site during site phase satisfies playability conditions set in text of the card (before and after errata).
If playing the card would require a facing AA then playing a Gates of Morning in site phase would require a facing AA too.
Rules say that a company may not do nothing during site phase unless it will enter a site and and until it will face AA.
A company is not a player (I know that some rulings negate this distinction).

*) No Strangers at this Time prevents a target site card from being discard even if there is no company at the site (does not prevent it from being returned to Location Deck)
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CCG Collector wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:13 pm Regarding general influence, is it possible to play a character and simultaneously give him/her a follower to meet the general influence limit? I ran into a situation where I had Cirdan controlling Annalena, and a number of other characters in play to make my total used general influence 19. Unfortunately, Cirdan felt the Call of the Sea, returning him to my hand and making Annalena a non-follower, so my total used general influence became 14. Since Cirdan has a mind of 8, I no longer had a way to play him in the following turns.

Is there any way around this, like playing him and immediately declaring Annalena to be his follower?
Yes.
CRF, Turn Sequence, Organization Phase, Playing Characters wrote:Rules Erratum: You may play a character if you do not have enough influence to
control them. However, if there are any characters you do not have the influence to
control at the end of your organization phase, the character you brought into play this
turn must be returned to your hand.
CCG Collector

When a character is killed in combat, you can distribute their items to other characters in the party (one per character). Does this hold true if the character leaves the field for any other reason, like corruption or being returned to the hand?
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Theo

No. Sometimes the effect doing so will have it's own allowance (as in the case of Call of Home, for example).
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Ya, when a character becomes corrupted he is greedy and runs off with all his stuff.

Also, keep in mind.... wounded characters may not pick up an item that an eliminated character drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuncanNeeds2Shave

Can players decide from turn to turn whether or not they want to use region or starter movement, or must all movement in the game be consistent?
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Players can decide on a turn by turn basis and switch back and forth as necessary.

In my games, we agree that all movement will be region movement unless stated otherwise prior to the company moving that turn. (Exception would be illegal use of region movement, ie. for Ringwraiths).

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Players decide whether a region movement will be allowed or not in whole gamel.
If they agree that a region movement is allowed, it does not mean that a starter movement is forbidden.
the Jabberwock wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:09 pm Players can decide on a turn by turn basis and switch back and forth as necessary.
Players do not decide on a turn by turn basis. If a region movement is allowed, it is decided per a company's M/H phase (and prior the M/H; usually in organization phase, sometimes at the end of current M/H phase, if a company takes an additional M/H phase)) which of applicable movement methods will be used (starter, region, under-deeps, special).

P.S.
Additionally, if players will decide that a region movement is not allowed in particular game, then hazard agents cannot move.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Konrad Klar wrote:
the Jabberwock wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:09 pm Players can decide on a turn by turn basis and switch back and forth as necessary.
Players do not decide on a turn by turn basis. If a region movement is allowed, it is decided per a company's M/H phase (and prior the M/H; usually in organization phase, sometimes at the end of current M/H phase, if a company takes an additional M/H phase)) which of applicable movement methods will be used (starter, region, under-deeps, special).
Apologies for my sloppy wording. This is what I was trying to say but I was attempting to reply quickly.

I did not mean to suggest that a player must choose each turn to use ONLY starter movement or ONLY region movement for all company movements during the turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuncanNeeds2Shave

I got the point. Thanks guys.
Theo

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:28 pm P.S.
Additionally, if players will decide that a region movement is not allowed in particular game, then hazard agents cannot move.
I am not aware of any such rule. Agent movement is defined in terms of regions, but it is not defined in terms of region movement (no region cards are used).
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Dark Minions, Agenst, Moving an Agent wrote:Note: If Starter Rules are being used and/or you are not using region movement,
agents may not move.
Theo

Silly gray boxes... :oops: Interesting to note!
CDavis7M

I hope no one minds me posting my questions here, just to keep the forum organized.

When a card mentions other cards that are "playable" at a site, does this refer to (1) cards explicitly naming a site on the card; (2) any card legally playable within the standard rules of the game; (3) any card made playable by virtue of other effects; (4) minor items that are playable at the site, not by being named on the item/site, but by virtue of the minor items being playable along with a faction?

Examples of the language:
Mistress Lobelia: "Tap Mistress Lobelia to search your discard pile or play deck for any one item, ally, or faction playable at her current site."
&
Choice of Luthien: "Tap Arwen to take one item, ally, or faction playable at her current site from your play deck or discard pile into your hand."

Example Scenarios - Can Lobelia search for:

(1) Palantir of Elostirion at The White Towers, "playable only at the white Towers"?

(2) a Noble Hound at Bree - "playable at any tapped or untapped Border-hold" ?

(3) a Noble Hound at The White Towers when Rebuild the Town is in effect at The White Towers to make it a Border-hold?

(4) Healing Herbs (minor item) at Bree during the same site phase AFTER Rangers of the North have been influenced successfully at Bree. (METW rules "If a resource that taps a site is successfully played at a site, one additional character may tap to play a minor item. Such a minor item may be played even if the site does not specifically state that a minor item is playable at the site.")?

1 is obviously "yes". This makes sense and works for most allies and factions. The issue is that most items and a few allies are not specifically named on a card. Because of this, I think that 2 and 3 are also "yes", meaning these cards are legal to search for. But then, what about 4 minor items that are not listed on the site but are just "freebies" under the rules?

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

When a card mentions other cards that are "playable" at a site, it refers to a cards playable at site as written in text of the site card, and to a cards playable at site as written in resource text card and to "any card made playable by virtue of other effects"*.

Examples 1,2,3 are correct, example 4 is not.

Some cards may be played at site, even if they are not playable at the site. Minor items that can be played if a resource that taps a site is successfully played at a site, are examples. Items that can be played in result of Things Stolen are examples too.

*) by virtue of discarding a Panoply of Wings an Information is playable at affected site.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”