New to the game and have some questions.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

It remains ten.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

To be clear: it is up to ten 'normal' characters + up to three wizards.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Mordakai
Council Member

Still 10. But don't forget to put an extra different wizard in the sideboard (and at least one Smoke Rings in the deck to access it), just in case your chosen wizard in the deck is played by your opponent first... just piece of advice.
C'mon, not the Elves of Lindon AGAIN...
DuncanNeeds2Shave

(9) Does the card Clouds affect the prowess of automatic attacks?

If not, does it affect the prowess of the attack generated by Tidings of Bold Spies, which is not an automatic attack but IS a hazard and turns out to be a creature?

Thanks!
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm Does the card Clouds affect the prowess of automatic attacks?
No.
DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:31 pm If not, does it affect the prowess of the attack generated by Tidings of Bold Spies, which is not an automatic attack but IS a hazard and turns out to be a creature?
No.

Tidings of Bold Spies does not create "an attack of a creature", nor "a hazard creature attack".*
Clouds affects only prowess of attacks of a creature.

*) Each "attack of a creature" is "a hazard creature attacks", but opposite is not true. They are not synonymous terms.
Some non-creature cards (e.g. Dragon Ahunt cards) create an attacks considered "a hazard creature attacks". The attacks are not attacks of creature.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

Ok. One other thing I forgot to ask...

(10) What hazards, if any, can be played on a company or character that is at a haven (during the movement/hazard phase if that company/character chooses to remain at the haven)? It seems implied that hazards are not playable on a company/character at a haven, but I can't find anything in the rule book that directly says so. Creature hazards seem much less likely, but it does make sense that perhaps corruption hazards could be played. How exactly does this work? Thanks.
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Rules do not impose any restriction regarding hazards that may be played on, or against, companies at Haven.
Rules say that an attacks keyed to Wizardhaven, or to Darkhaven are detainment, but nothing about attacks keyed to (hero) Haven.*

*) There are few creatures that can be keyed to (hero) Haven and their attacks are detainment according to texts of the creature cards.
DuncanNeeds2Shave

(11) If I play an Assassin against my opponent, and he chooses to cancel one or two of the attacks by tapping non-targeted characters, but he also defeats the remaining attack(s), does he still gain the marshaling points or must he defeat all three attacks?
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

No, he does not get the marshaling points.

He only gets points if all attacks are defeated and none are canceled.

Now if the number of attacks are reduced (ie. Forewarned is Forearmed) then he would get the MPs for defeating a single attack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DuncanNeeds2Shave

(12) If I play Peril Returned while Gates of Morning is NOT in play, as Peril Returned causes Doors of Night to be considered in play, does it cause the discard of resources effect of Doors of Night or is it just for the purposes of playing hazards which require Doors of Night (without its effects)?
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

It is for purpose of any card/effect that checks for presence of Doors of Night in play.
"all resource environment cards in play are immediately discarded, and all resource environment effects are canceled." is action executed one time when a card Doors of Night comes in play.
Doors of Night card in play does not discard resource environment cards continuously.
(See the resource environment card Moon which has some effect only if Doors of Night is in play).
DuncanNeeds2Shave

(13) Say, for instance I am traveling to a Ruins & Lairs site where there is an automatic dragon attack and my opponent plays during my movement/hazard phase an Incite Denizens (which creates an additional dragon automatic attack). Then my opponent plays a Tidings of Bold spies which duplicates the site's natural automatic attack as well as the automatic attack duplicate created by Incite Denizens. Before Tidings of Bold Spies resolves, am I allowed to respond to it by playing a card like "not at home" to cancel one of the automatic dragon attacks so that Tidings of Bold Spies only duplicates one attack instead of two, or am I required to play a card like "not at home" only once the automatic attack has been triggered?

(14) Or what about this...say I go to a site like Glittering Caves and play an item, thereby tapping the site. Then I leave the site to go to an under-deeps site like The Gem Deeps. Considering that I left Glittering Caves tapped, and tapped sites go to the discard pile when left by a company, can I return to Glittering caves from the Gem Deeps, or must I travel elsewhere to return to the surface?
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moriquendi

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:57 am Or what about this...say I go to a site like Glittering Caves and play an item, thereby tapping the site. Then I leave the site to go to an under-deeps site like The Gem Deeps. Considering that I left Glittering Caves tapped, and tapped sites go to the discard pile when left by a company, can I return to Glittering caves from the Gem Deeps, or must I travel elsewhere to return to the surface?
You'd have to go to another Under-Deeps site to get out or wait for your play deck to be exhausted, thus returning all discarded sites to the site deck.

Been there, done that. Don't ask.... LOL
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

DuncanNeeds2Shave wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 4:57 am Before Tidings of Bold Spies resolves, am I allowed to respond to it by playing a card like "not at home" to cancel one of the automatic dragon attacks so that Tidings of Bold Spies only duplicates one attack instead of two, or am I required to play a card like "not at home" only once the automatic attack has been triggered?
No. Not faced attack cannot be canceled. Not faced automatic-attack may be (sometimes) removed, or modified (e.g. by Hot at Home's second effect).
DuncanNeeds2Shave

(15) When a play deck is exhausted, when does the discard pile get reset and shuffled as the new play deck? Is it immediately or after the turn? If it is immediately, what happens under the following scenario: I must draw three cards, but there is only one card left in my deck. I draw that card and exhaust my deck, and I thereby reshuffle my discard pile into the play deck. Do I draw another two cards (to make three) or do I draw no further cards. I thought that the deck is only reset after the current turn, but if it is reset immediately, I believe I would draw no further cards under the stated scenario. It was suggested to me otherwise.

(16) When moving to/between/from an under-deeps site, since no region cards are used, if I play A Short Rest, does that allow me to draw four extra cards?

(17) My friend was arguing that he can play Paths of the Dead, even if his company does not start at Dunharrow and move to Vale of Erech (the card does NOT say 'ONLY playable on a company at...'). He then argued that if Aragorn II is at Vale of Erech that turn, he can then play Army of the Dead because he played Paths of the Dead, even though it did not fulfill the game text on the card. I told him that's ridiculous and that it's essentially cheating... :roll:

(18) Attempting to get dead cards out of his hand, my friend also argued that if Doors of Night is already in play, he can still play a second Doors of Night, it just doesn't take effect and it goes straight to the discard pile because it "cannot be duplicated." I told him that's ridiculous and it's essentially cheating... :roll:
Last edited by DuncanNeeds2Shave on Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”