Baduila & Agent Movement

The place to ask all rules questions related to MECCG.
the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Baduila & Agent Movement

Post by the Jabberwock » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 am

I would like to confirm how this agent works:

First, he has an erratum that states: Read "If Baduila is discarded" as "If you choose to discard Baduila."

The Dark Minions rulebook states that Agents normally remain in play until they are eliminated. Do I correctly understand that Baduila over-rides this rule and allows the controlling player to choose to discard him at any time in order to utilize his special ability?

If so, would the following scenario be legal:

- Baduila is face down at a face down site.

- Resource player announces company movement to Isengard.

- Hazard player uses one against the hazard limit to declare agent movement and places a new site face down under face down Baduila. Baduila is now tapped.

- Hazard player reveals Baduila and turns him face up (not counting against the hazard limit). His current site is revealed (Isengard) and his movement legality of past sites is checked and confirmed.

- Hazard player may now declare he is discarding Baduila to force Resource player's company to return to site of origin.

All of the above has taken place using only 1 against the hazard limit.

Do I have this all correct, or did I mess something up? I just would like to confirm I fully understand how he works.

I have a second question as well which is not specific to Baduila:

The Dark Minions rulebook states:
Note: If Starter Rules are being used and/or you are not using region movement, agents may not move.
So is it correct that if both players are using region movement for most of the game, but on a particular turn one player announces his company will move using Starter Movement for that turn, that no agents may be moved by the Hazard player that turn?

Thanks! :D

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Re: Baduila & Agent Movement

Post by Konrad Klar » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:04 am

Regarding Baduila, your scenario looks correct.
Note: If Starter Rules are being used and/or you are not using region movement, agents may not move.
It is (or rather was) possible that a players agree to not using a region movement, because at last one of players has very limited set of region cards.
Besides they use Standard Rules that allow to use a region movement.
the Jabberwock wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:10 am
So is it correct that if both players are using region movement for most of the game, but on a particular turn one player announces his company will move using Starter Movement for that turn, that no agents may be moved by the Hazard player that turn?
No. Players are using/not using a region movement and a players are using/not using Starter Rules.
The fact that at given moment some company does not move, or uses under-deeps/special/starter movement does not change the fact that players use/not use a region movement.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions”