Company Composition Changes

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

CRF:
Company composition changes that you choose to make, including bringing a character into play, must all be done at the same time during the organization phase. During this time no other actions may be taken.
Has there been any further clarification on exactly how this rule is interpreted? What, precisely, does this mean? Does it mean you can perform an unlimited number of company composition changes during your organization phase, however, no other "non-company composition change" actions may be taken while such changes are being made? Or does it mean something even more restrictive?

Is the following scenario legal or illegal:
- Frodo and Sam are in a company together at Lorien. Elrond is in his own company at Lorien.
- Sam leaves the company with Frodo and joins the company with Elrond.
- Sam then leaves the company with Elrond and forms his own company.

- Faramir has the card So You've Come Back played on him and is in a company with Gandalf and Elrohir at Rivendell.
- Faramir splits into his own company by himself (So You've Come Back is now discarded).
- Faramir now rejoins the company with Gandalf and Elrohir.

- Gandalf is in a company with Thrain II, Gloin and Balin. Balin is a follower of Gandalf.
- During the Organization Phase at the Caves of Ulund: Balin is moved out from under the D.I. of Gandalf; A Chance Meeting is played and Thorin II is brought into play under Gandalf's D.I.; then Thorin II is moved out from under the D.I. of Gandalf, followed by Gloin and Balin being moved under the D.I. of Gandalf as followers.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

I think that the last scenario is illegal.

Playing A Chance Meeting is not "company composition change" action, even if it may result in playing a character.

So You've Come Back (or Fellowship) is discarded when some conditions are met. The discarding is not an action taken by player.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Theo

I believe scenario 2 is not legal. Underline mine:
CRF wrote:"If a company splits, all but one of the split companies must attempt to move to a different site this turn. The company may not rejoin in the same phase."
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:44 am I think that the last scenario is illegal.

Playing A Chance Meeting is not "company composition change" action, even if it may result in playing a character.
Okay, I see your logic. So any objections to this scenario:

- Elrond is controlling Elrohir with D.I. at Rivendell during the Organization Phase.
- Elrohir moves out into G.I.
- Arwen is brought into play under Elrond's D.I.
- Arwen moves out into G.I.
- Elrohir moves back under Elrond's D.I.

Theo wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:00 pm I believe scenario 2 is not legal. Underline mine:
CRF wrote:"If a company splits, all but one of the split companies must attempt to move to a different site this turn. The company may not rejoin in the same phase."
That clears that up, thanks!
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

the Jabberwock wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:09 am Okay, I see your logic. So any objections to this scenario:

- Elrond is controlling Elrohir with D.I. at Rivendell during the Organization Phase.
- Elrohir moves out into G.I.
- Arwen is brought into play under Elrond's D.I.
- Arwen moves out into G.I.
- Elrohir moves back under Elrond's D.I.
No objection.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”