When is a site "entered" and how long does the company stay?

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
CCG Collector

I was playing a minion game with my friend last night, and he ran into a tricky situation. He had a covert company of two at Thranduil's Halls, and when he tried to enter the site, the detainment attack (a strike at 9 prowess against each character), succeeded against both of his characters, so they both tapped. According to the rules, he had entered the site at that point, since he had faced the attacks, but with no one to tap, he couldn't play anything there.

Our confusion comes from how to handle this on the following turn. Since the attacks had been defeated at some point and he had entered the site, and didn't do anything to tap the site, is it still considered "entered" at that point for the sake of playing resources there? Or would he have to face the detainment attacks again on that turn, and possibly for many turns afterward as long as they kept succeeding?
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Each site phase a company may do nothing or may enter a site (face existing AA, agent, on-guard creature).
A facing AA in previous turn (regardless of result of this facing) does not discharge a company from facing the AA in current turn.
CCG Collector wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm Our confusion comes from how to handle this on the following turn. Since the attacks had been defeated at some point and he had entered the site, and didn't do anything to tap the site, is it still considered "entered" at that point for the sake of playing resources there?
As I understand the AA has not been defeated. But it does not change the answer for your question.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CCG Collector

Konrad Klar wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:27 pm Each site phase a company may do nothing or may enter a site (face existing AA, agent, on-guard creature).
A facing AA in previous turn (regardless of result of this facing) does not discharge a company from facing the AA in current turn.
CCG Collector wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:26 pm Our confusion comes from how to handle this on the following turn. Since the attacks had been defeated at some point and he had entered the site, and didn't do anything to tap the site, is it still considered "entered" at that point for the sake of playing resources there?
As I understand the AA has not been defeated. But it does not change the answer for your question.
My mistake, I meant "since the attacks had been faced at some point." Thanks for the response.
Middle Earth and other CCG unboxings, booster openings, and guides: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheCCGCollector

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”