Bag End with Mallorn

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Yegor

When Mallorn is played at Bag End, the site "becomes a Haven for the purposes of healing and bringing characters into play".
But can companies reorganize there? Or do they still have to leg it to Rivendell/Grey Havens?

Thanks.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Mallorn is not played at Bag End. It is just played.
Companies may be reorganized at Havens and at non-Havens, in almost the same way.
Only difference is that at Havens (that are normally Havens) companies may have separate Haven site cards. At non-Havens they share the same site card.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Yegor

Konrad Klar wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:40 pm Mallorn is not played at Bag End. It is just played.
Ah, no. "Unique. Playable at Bag End only if Earth of Galadriel's Orchard is stored there." Why would it be "just" played, if it has to played on EoGO?

[/quote]Companies may be reorganized at Havens and at non-Havens, in almost the same way.
Only difference is that at Havens (that are normally Havens) companies may have separate Haven site cards. At non-Havens they share the same site card.[/quote]

By reorganizing I meant splitting into two companies.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Yegor wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:55 am Ah, no. "Unique. Playable at Bag End only if Earth of Galadriel's Orchard is stored there." Why would it be "just" played, if it has to played on EoGO?
You are right. I did not realize that there is errata for Mallorn.
Original phrase is:
"Unique. Playable only if Earth of Galadriel's Orchard is stored at Bag End."
Yegor wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:55 am By reorganizing I meant splitting into two companies.
Player may split companies at non-Haven site.
Yegor

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:28 am Player may split companies at non-Haven site.
Is it also from errata? Because rulebook says only at Havens.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

No. Not from errata.
Lidless Eye, Standard Rules, Characters & Companies, Splitting A Company At A Non-Darkhaven Site wrote:During the organization phase, a company at a non-Darkhaven site may split into two or more companies. The following instructions apply:

One of the companies may remain at the current site.
One of the companies may return to the nearest Darkhaven site indicated by the current site's card.
Any other companies must move to different sites using region movement.

Clarification: These restrictions mean that two companies may not start at the same site and then move to the same site separately (i.e., in this situation the two companies would have to move as one company)
Similar rule is present also in The Wizards rulebook. In Standard Rules section.

Splitting companies is restricted to companies at Havens only if Starter rules are being used.
Yegor

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:51 pm Similar rule is present also in The Wizards rulebook. In Standard Rules section.
Splitting companies is restricted to companies at Havens only if Starter rules are being used.
Thanks a lot. I did read the Starter rules.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”