Alone and Unadvised and Hey! come merry dol!

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Kodi
Council Member

Hello! I have a question in this scenario:

I play Hey! come merry dol! in a comapny.
Playable at the end of the organization phase on a moving company. Each symbol in the company's site path counts as half a Wilderness . When calculating the number of in such a site path, round down for the final result. "With another hop and a bound there came into view a man, or so it seemed."-LotRI
This company moves from Rivendel to Bree by region movement [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-]
The opponent plays Alone and Unadvised to a character and Lure of Nature to other character.
How many corruption checks have to do the character with AaU and the other with LoN?

Thank you
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

One cc due to Lure of Nature.

I would say that two cc due to Alone and Unadvised.
There are different opinions about this matter.
I believe that a number of regions in company's site path and number of region symbols in company's site path are a separate things.
Company that uses Forod has three region symbols and undetermined number of regions in its site path.
I believe also that for starter movement a number of regions in company's site path is determined by number of region symbols on non-Haven site card. And that the number remains unchanged regardless of cards like Hey! come merry dol! .
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Kodi
Council Member

Then you are saying that if a company move from Rivendel to Lossadan Cairn with starter movement [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] and play Hey! come merry dol! the number of regions are one? Then it affects to cards like Short Rest or Washed and Refreshed?

And in affirmative case, is official or is a personal interpretation? I can play in this way?

And second question, a Rain-drake is playable in Lossadan Cairn in this situation?

Thank you very much!
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

kodi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm Then you are saying that if a company move from Rivendel to Lossadan Cairn with starter movement [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] and play Hey! come merry dol! the number of regions are one? Then it affects to cards like Short Rest or Washed and Refreshed?
Did you read my post?
I believe also that for starter movement a number of regions in company's site path is determined by number of region symbols on non-Haven site card. And that the number remains unchanged regardless of cards like Hey! come merry dol! .
Number of regions is three if a company move from Rivendel to Lossadan Cairn with starter movement [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] whether it plays Hey! come merry dol!, or not . Whatever checks for it - A Short Rest, Washed and Refreshed, Alone and Unadvised.
kodi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm And in affirmative case, is official or is a personal interpretation? I can play in this way?
That was not affirmative case. Right?
My personal interpretation. I have heard a different opinion (that a number of regions in company's site path is always equal to number of region symbols in company's site path).

Something official in that matter:
CRF entry for A Short Rest wrote:This card only allows the extra card draw for moving companies that actually have a
site path. It cannot be used with Under-deeps movement, or special movement cards
like Belegaer.
I cannot take it as is. After all a company using Belegaer has a site path, as stated by Belegaer card.
I'm suspecting that by "companies that actually have a site path" ICE tried to express "companies that actually have regions in a site path".
kodi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm And second question, a Rain-drake is playable in Lossadan Cairn in this situation?
Actually 5th question.
Yes. Hey! come merry dol! affects only a region symbols in company's site path. Region symbols in Lossadan Cairn's site path are not affected.
kodi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm Thank you very much!
You are welcome.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Kodi
Council Member

Thanx you very much. I suspected the answer were like you say but only was my personal point of view ;)
Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:57 am
kodi wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:59 pm Then you are saying that if a company move from Rivendel to Lossadan Cairn with starter movement [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] [-me_wi-] and play Hey! come merry dol! the number of regions are one? Then it affects to cards like Short Rest or Washed and Refreshed?
Did you read my post?
Sorry for confusion. My english is good but sometimes I misunderstand.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”