Adunaphel Unleashed

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Theo

Bandobras Took wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 pm "Lone" seems to be a unique term, but in the context, it would indicate that if there are any non-Adunaphel strikes in the attack, the card may not be played.
I favor this interpretation.
rezwits wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:04 pm Agree 100%, She can be with an Ally.
If the ally does not add a strike.

Speaking of... {Goldberry, Nenselde, Great Bats} cannot be assigned a strike. But as an attacker, I can't find anything specifying they are exempt? But then they have no prowess to compare. Precedent might indicate that they do not create a strike but can still be tapped for a -1 penalty to a defender?

However, a strict reading might suggest that they create a strike in which neither side can be wounded/defeated. This seems to be confirmed by the following, because these allies' card texts do not say that they are prevented from attacking. But then, there are no allies that have card text preventing them from attacking, so what would be the point of this answer if not to rule out specifically these allies?
CoE #47 wrote:In a company vs. company an ally count as character and make his attack,
am I right ?

*** Unless otherwise prevented by the ally's card text, yes.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
rezwits
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:57 pm "Lone" seems to be a unique term, but in the context, it would indicate that if there are any non-Adunaphel strikes in the attack, the card may not be played.
I can see the "can't have Allies", all day I suppose...

BUT, I would say this term LONE RW, stands specifically for a RW without RW Followers.

If I had to BET that what LONE RW means (and should be clarified as such).

One reason could be the usage of Plurals in "You choose defending characters" etc.

How could there be defending characterS (plural) if LONE, and not with say a Black Horse??
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”