Chain Resovling with Playing Twilight

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
rezwits
Council Member

Hey guys,

I got a question, that has arisen, due to the fact of my FULL learning of the Chain of Effects (which is not a stack, like in mtg).

So, I learned, that as soon as no more declarations are made, the Chain of Effects starts to resolves.

But, this has come to my thoughts:

Let's say there is a Will of Sauron in play with Doors of Night and then my opponent has a Twilight in hand. I only have a Twilight in my discard pile but a Mouth of Sauron in hand.

The question is: DURING THE M/H, he announces, Twilight targeting Doors of Night. I want to respond by declaring Mouth of Sauron, then no more declarations. Mouth begins to resolve along with the chain I then grab my Twilight in the discard pile. The only thing left on the stack is Twilight targeting Doors. I NOW want to play my Twilight targeting his Twilight.

I think this would work, if:

A. Twilight is as strong as expected (and)
B. Twilight may also be played as a resource, and may be played at any point during any player's turn. (as written on the card).

Thanks for any help with this issue!
As of 4/3/21 4:03:21
my current rulings foundation is based on:
All of the rules and rulings found in these PDFs at:
https://cardnum.net/rules
If you have other collected rulings that are not
listed please feel free to email them or PM me...
rezwits
Council Member

If you guys could throw an opinion for this would be great, gotta a game on PAUSE. :P

Thanks!!
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Twilight. The Wizards Limited Edition version wrote:Environment. One environment card in play is immediately discarded. This card may also be played as a resource.. Upon the very Eve of Midsummer, when the sky was blue as sapphire and the white stars opened in the East, but the West was still golden, and the air was cool and fragrant, the riders came...to the Gates of Minas Tirith.-LotRVI
Twilight. The Wizards Unlimited Edition version wrote:Environment. One environment card in play is immediately discarded. This card may also be played as a resource. This card may be played at any time during any player's turn. Upon the very Eve of Midsummer, when the sky was blue as sapphire and the white stars opened in the East, but the West was still golden, and the air was cool and fragrant, the riders came...to the Gates of Minas Tirith.-LotRVI
CRF, Errata (Cards), Twilight wrote:Card Erratum: Add "This card may be played at any time during any player's turn."
Can target a card that has not yet resolved. Can be played as a resource during your
opponent's turn.
Twilight. Lidless Eye version wrote:Environment. One environment card (in play or declared earlier in the same chain of effects) is cancelled and discarded. Twilight may also be played as a resource, and may be played at any point during any player's turn. The sun dipped and vanished, and as if at the shuttering of a lamp, black night fell.-LotRII
Text of Twilight. Lidless Eye version does not reflect errata.

Mess.

"may be played at any point during any player's turn." means that among others it may be played in middle of resolving chain of effects, and that it may interrupt a drawing cards.

EDIT:
Corrected two titles of quotes:
"Twilight. The Wizards Limited Edition version" -> "Twilight. The Wizards Unlimited Edition version"
"CRF, Rulings by Term, Twilight" -> "CRF, Errata (Cards), Twilight"
Last edited by Konrad Klar on Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
rezwits
Council Member

Thank you...
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Konrad Klar wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:17 pm "may be played at any point during any player's turn." means that among others it may be played in middle of resolving chain of effects, and that it may interrupt a drawing cards.
(bold mine)

Are you saying that you can play Twilight in the middle of resolving hand size and then continue drawing up to hand size? (effectively drawing an extra card)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Yes.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”