New player questions.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
dragon817472

Hello all I am new to here and to the game and I had some questions.
1. Is there a limit to the number of copies of the same location in my location deck? The color of the sites depends on which faction I'm playing dark grey for ring wraiths, and the white for wizards?

2. The grey border reprints are they legal playable in your deck?

3. Reprinted cards (not the grey border) which one's text do I follow the one on the card or the newer text (particularly if I was to play both the newer and older card together in a deck)? I see this mainly between cards that came out in METW and were reprinted in MELE and some of them have altered text one even had the MP changed (I'm not concerned with the RNG system on the cards just how the card is fundamentally played).
Theo

Greetings! If you'd like, there is an Introduce Yourself thread. For your questions:

1) At most one copy per Site other than Havens. You can have as many Havens as you like. This is the general principle, though there are more rules about certain types of players not being allowed to have certain types of sites (Hero players can't use Minion Sites, for example).

2) I would assume most groups would allow gray borders.

3) In general the newer versions are more correct than the older ones. But there is a running list of card-specific errata that has the final word. Unfortunately official organization of these is a Work In Progress. The newest changes which were adopted by the Council can be found at this site's CoE Issued Errata subforum. A decent place to check the older ICE-issued errata is here; in particular for your question check the Card Errata and Rulings link.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”