Extra agent action(s)

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

My Precious wrote:Unique. Manifestation of Gollum. Agent. May take an extra agent action (not counting against the hazard limit each time he normally takes an agent action. If he attacks successfully against a company with a ring, he and a ring (attacker's choice) are discarded. If My Precious attacks and fails but is not defeated, the defender may tap a character in the target company to play Gollum (My Precious is discarded). Any player whose character eliminates My Precious receives -1 kill MPs. Home Site: Goblin-gate, Moria, Shelob's Lair, Mount Doom
CRF, Errata (Cards), My Precious wrote:Does not count as Gollum for the purposes of Gollum's Fate or any other card that
specifically calls for Gollum. May not be played as a character. Does not give -1 MP
to minions. Must be face-up to gain two actions. His attack is successful if all of the
strikes are successful. His attack fails if any of his strikes fail.
[quote-"Great Need or Purpose"]Each agent may take an extra agent action each time he normally takes an agent action. Cannot be duplicated. 'So he is seeking it, seeking it, and all his thought is bent on it. It is his great hope and our great fear.'-LotRI [/quote]

I do not know what exactly is timing of the extra actions.

May be them declared immediately in response to declaration of 1st agent action (i.e. 2 or 3 actions declared in row, opponent cannot declare anything between of them)?

Or rather they can be interleaved by declaration made by opponent, but:
- all must be declared in the same chain of effects, or
- all must be declared in the same M/H phase, or
- all must be declared in the same turn

?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Theo

I do not know of any rules texts that clarify.

I would interpret the "each time" to require that extra actions cannot be delayed until later in the turn.

But if the extra actions must be in the same chain of effects, for double movement that would necessitate declaration of movement to an unreachable site before declaration of movement to a reachable site, which seems unintended (but possible).

My default interpretation is that the declaration of additional actions are not allowed until the resolution of the normal agent action. I guess this would imply that they create additional chains of effect that immediately follow.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

The extra action taken is declared as the result of a passive condition. That action becomes the first declared action in the chain of effects immediately following the agent's first action.

(paraphrasing NetRep Digest 21, responding to a question about Never Seen Him)
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Oh my dog...
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Moriquendi

If My Precious attacks and fails but is not defeated, the defender may tap a character in the target company to play Gollum (My Precious is discarded)
Theo - Was it our last match where I wanted to do exactly this in my Balrog game vs. you but with Minion Stinker? That may have swung the points quite a bit since it left me with zero Ally MP and you received double.
Theo

Yes. I believe we had differing opinions about whether Minion Stinker counted as Gollum for that ability. My reasoning was that similar to Strider not counting as Aragorn for the purpose of card play requiring Aragorn (Return of the King), Stinker does not count as Gollum for the My Precious ability.

Thanks for reminding me to look up whether there were any rules overturning this. But indeed:
CoE #53 wrote:My Precious says that Gollum is playable. Does Stinker count as Gollum
for these purposes?

*** No.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Moriquendi

Interesting, thanks for looking that up!

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”