Carambor

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
kober

Carambor wrote:Unique. May tap at the end of his companyʹs movement/hazard phase to allow it to move to an additional site on the same turn.
Another site card may be played and another movement/hazard phase immediately follows for his company. The new site path must
contain at least one Wilderness [-me_wi-]
If I had two companies, A and B, the latter including Carambor, and (during the organization phase) company A declared a move to a site, while company B declared no movement, could I (following the M/H phase of company A) tap Carambor during the M/H phase of company B and declare a move to "an additional site" (assuming the new site path contains at least one Wilderness [-me_wi-]) ?
CDavis7M

This situation seems similar to the one where company A plays Great-Road at a Haven And moves to the site that company B is at, while B stays. Except that A joins B and they all return to the Haven at the end of the turn.

But when are companies joined together? THe rules say "the two companies must face hazards separately and are then combined at the end of the movement/hazard phase."

I would think Carambor could activate his ability after the joining.
kober

I guess, I wasn't clear enough. My question isn't about company composition, but rather whether company B may move despite declaring no movement at the first place.

- Org phase:
1) company A declares movement to a site,
2) company B declares no movement,
- M/H phase:
1) company A moves to a site (and thus, I draw a card or more, maybe something useful for Company B),
2) company B doesn't move, but at the end of the phase I tap Carambor, and
3) company B moves to a site (different than company A's).

Company A here is irrelevant to the question, I just added it to provide some context.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

You can't move to an additional site if you didn't move to a site in the first place. There's no valid site, in that case, to add to.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”