A New Ringlord

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Playable on your Fallen-wizard if he has The One Ring at one of your Wizardhavens [W]. Only one A New Ringlord may be played in a given turn. Make a roll during each of your end-of-turn phases if your Fallen-wizard is bearing The One Ring and is at a Ruins & Lairs [R] where information is playable. Add 1 for each A New Ringlord you have in play. If the result is less than 6, your Fallen-wizard is eliminated. If the result is greater than 9, you win the game.
'Make a roll during each of your end-of-turn phases if your Fallen-wizard is bearing The One Ring and is at a Ruins & Lairs [R] where information is playable."

Seems like action coused by passive condition. This could mean that roll is made for each copy of A New Ringlord.

Any thoughts?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Being one of the few people I know who actually has dunked with a FW, this explains why Blind to the West can stop ring tests -- if you roll twice for two New Ringlords, that's pretty darn good.
melkor_morgoth75

SO .... do u roll twice? I'm using a FW saruman A New Ringlore deck who wins (in theory) at turn 5-6 ... this could be very helpful ...

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Earendil

Konrad Klar wrote: 'Make a roll during each of your end-of-turn phases if your Fallen-wizard is bearing The One Ring and is at a Ruins & Lairs [R] where information is playable."

Seems like action coused by passive condition. This could mean that roll is made for each copy of A New Ringlord.

Any thoughts?

I think you're right.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
melkor_morgoth75

Earendil wrote: I think you're right.
U're spying on me Sergio ... i see you ... yeah, but u won't catch me for the Italian champ :twisted: :D :D :D :wink: :wink: :wink:

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

The same question arouse in my recent A New Ringlord game. Are there any opposing opinions?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Konrad Klar wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 am Seems like action coused by passive condition. This could mean that roll is made for each copy of A New Ringlord.
It does not sound like action caused by passive condition now for me.
Mandatory action, but there is no passive condition. Player has almost whole phase for postponing the action. The same for The Ring Will Have But One Master.
CDavis7M

Right, there is no passive condition.

-----

I wonder what the reasoning is for being able to roll twice. 2 = 2?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:13 am I wonder what the reasoning is for being able to roll twice. 2 = 2?
Strictly speaking: none.
Two cards. Each forces a making a roll.
Not ability, but obligation.
That may be welcome anyway.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:36 am Two cards. Each forces a making a roll.
Yes, the player is required to make a roll. I see the requirement.

Two copies of the same card have the same requirement.

But why would they roll twice?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Once for each card (that enforces the roll).
CDavis7M

I guess that's what I suspected was the rationale: 2 cards = 2 rolls.

It's not persuasive.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”