Team games

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
Anth

Anyone have much experience with 4 player games? Specifically two teams of two facing off against each other? I'm interested in how you set it up, what optional rules you used, etc. I'm thinking 2 ringwraith players versus 2 wizard players could be really fun.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

we had this a few times at Lure. Look here:
https://lureofmiddleearth.com/wp-conten ... ent_en.pdf
Anth

Looks great! What platform do you do 2v2 on? Or only in person?
CDavis7M

Anth wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 am Looks great! What platform do you do 2v2 on? Or only in person?
You can do 2v2, or anything you want, on Table Top Simulator. People have been playing Arda on there.

You can read ICE's updated multiplayer rules here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4274&p=36241&hilit ... yer#p36241

If you want teams you can follow the normal multiplayer rules but only pass hazards to your team mate and MPs can be combined per team. You can decide on whether in-game collaboration is allowed but most games I've seen tend to disallow this. Though the teammates should collaborate on deck building. The challenge decks would work well for a 2 hero vs 2 minion game.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Anth wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:36 am Looks great! What platform do you do 2v2 on? Or only in person?
we used the "reality" platform ;-) that was years ago at some of the Lure of MECCG conventions.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”