Orcs and Elves at the same Ruins&Lairs

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
CDavis7M

Think about the mechanics: the effects of a permanent-event resolve immediately when the card is played. So if this rule on company composition were to cancel the effect of Hidden Haven that prevents another FW from using that site as a Wizardhaven, then that effect would never come back into play again. That just doesn't make sense.

Instead, the effect is not cancelled and the next time the game allows the player to take a company composition action the player must meet the company composition requirements.

That's similar to how there are influence/control requirements and the player only has to meet those requirements when the player has the ability to take actions regarding influence/followers.

The player cannot just take an action within the game on their own unless the rules or a card tells them to.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

CDavis7M wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:34 pm Think about the mechanics: the effects of a permanent-event resolve immediately when the card is played. So if this rule on company composition were to cancel the effect of Hidden Haven that prevents another FW from using that site as a Wizardhaven, then that effect would never come back into play again. That just doesn't make sense.
What about: whole card is canceled? It is what I have in mind. Nature's Revenge is discarded. Not only it's part that makes all version of target site [-me_rl-]. There is nothing to come back into play again.
CDavis7M wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:34 pm The player cannot just take an action within the game on their own unless the rules or a card tells them to.
Yes. But I do not see what it has to do with the topic.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”