The Witch-king

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
kober

THE WITCH‐KING ‐ Warrior/Sage/Diplomat Ringwraith (F)
[DI: 3; P/B: 9/12; Home Site: Any site in Imlad Morgul]
Unique. Manifestation of The Witch‐king of Angmar. Can use spirit‐magic and shadow‐magic. +3 direct influence in Heralded Lord mode. +1 prowess in Fell Rider mode. As your Ringwraith, up to two Ringwraith followers in his company may be controlled with no influence. You may bring these followers into play during separate organization phases.
A couple of questions:
1) Are said RW followers playable in addition to the regular one-per-turn character, or instead?
2) Fell Rider is played on The Witch-King at Minas Morgul - the Ringwraith has 12 prowess and 0 DI. He then moves to Barad-dur (the only character in his company) where Creature of an Older World is played on him, and thus the Fell Rider is discarded. Following that, does The Witch-king have 12 prowess and 3 DI?
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

1. In addition.
2. Yes.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
SuperNovice

Unless there is a subsequent ruling (always a possibility), the Ringwraith follower allowed by the Witch King's and Khamul's abilities is your character for the turn.

Rulings Reference:
CoE RULINGS DIGEST #105
13-03-2006 Author: Chad Martin
QUERY 2

Question on the follower recruitment abilities of Khamûl the Ringwraith and The Witch-king: http://www.meccg.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1086

The texts referring to Ringwraith followers on Khamûl the Ringwraith and The Witch-king do not allow you to bring in a Ringwraith follower and another character during the same organization phase.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Both answers, my and Chad Martin's, have been given without any justification.

Justification of my answer:

BRINGING CHARACTERS INTO PLAY and RINGWRAITH FOLLOWERS are separate chapters of Lidless Eye manual. RINGWRAITH FOLLOWERS lists conditions of playing a Ringwraith follower. None of them is stipulation that player is needed to not to play/discard one character otherwise allowed to play/discard in organization phase.

P.S. Before I give answer I was searching for existing ruling concerning the question but not sufficiently thoroughly. Thanks SuperNovice.

EDIT: "separate paragraphs" -> "separate chapters"
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”