Storing resources/moving and Messenger of Mordor.

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
melkor_morgoth75

Hi all,

i'm wondering about this.

Let's say i have a character with To Satisfy the Questioner on it (Playable during the site phase on an untapped character at a Free-hold [F]. Tap the character and site. No marshalling points are received and the character may not untap until this card is stored at a Darkhaven [V] during the organization phase. ).
I'm going to a darkheaven and at the end of the movement hazard phase i play: Messenger of Mordor. (Magic. Shadow-magic. Playable on a spirit-magic using character at a Darkhaven [V], Shadow-hold [S], or Dark-hold [D]. Any items and resource events with his company that can be stored at a Darkhaven [V] may now be so stored. Unless he is a Ringwraith, character makes a corruption check modified by -4). I store TStQ still during the end of M&H phase, the question ... is it possible? I'm still at the end of the movement hazard phase (where i reach the target site) can i also play now a card like Forced March to move again?

Thanks,

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Wacho

You are not actually at a site until the site phase, so no you may not store things in this manner and use Forced March. You would have to wait until the site phase to play Messenger of Mordor.
melkor_morgoth75

?? 're u sure ??

From the rules: "At the end of a moving company's movement/hazard phase (before players return to their hand sizes), its site of origin is removed (discard if tapped; otherwise, return it to your location deck) and the new site card becomes the company's current site card"

So ... i still think i can use it in this way. If not there is no point to use that card.

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

CRF, movement wrote:Removing the site of origin and resetting to hand size are simultaneous actions, and they are the last actions in any movement/hazard phase. This means a moving company is not at a site until the site phase.
Only a card specifically playable at the end of the movement hazard phase can sneak in here. Forced March can. Messenger cannot.
melkor_morgoth75

Bandobras Took wrote:
CRF, movement wrote:Removing the site of origin and resetting to hand size are simultaneous actions, and they are the last actions in any movement/hazard phase. This means a moving company is not at a site until the site phase.
Only a card specifically playable at the end of the movement hazard phase can sneak in here. Forced March can. Messenger cannot.
Ok ... so what's the site of origin when i play Forced March? Is it still the VERY first where i come from? Let's say after Forced March i have to come back to the site of origin...

mm75
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Forced March wrote:Playable at the end of the movement/hazard phase on a company that moved to a Darkhaven [V]. The company may move to an additional site this turn. Another site card may be played and another movement/hazard phase immediately follows for that company.
This still the same M/H in which company is moving to Darkhaven, so site of origin is the same.

In another movement/hazard phase that follows for that company, Darkhaven will be site of origin.

P.S. There is inconsistency in rules:
From one hand:
CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General wrote:Companies at the same non-Haven/non-Darkhaven site must join at the end of all movement/hazard phases, before the site phase starts. Companies at the same Haven/Darkhaven site may join at this time.
From other hand:
CRF, Turn Sequence, Movement/Hazard Phase, General wrote:Removing the site of origin and resetting to hand size are simultaneous actions, and they are the last actions in any movement/hazard phase. This means a moving company is not at a site until the site phase. [effective 11/17/97]
How companies may join (at the end of all movement/hazard phases) if they are are not at site (until the site phase)?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
melkor_morgoth75

Konrad Klar wrote: This still the same M/H in which company is moving to Darkhaven, so site of origin is the same.

In another movement/hazard phase that follows for that company, Darkhaven will be site of origin.
That is NOT possible following the rules because u're not at that site until Site Phase ... so if i reach from Moria - Dol Guldur then i play FM the site of origin, according to the rules, should be still ... Moria!

I agree there is an inconsistency in the rules...

mm75
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

melkor_morgoth75 wrote:That is NOT possible following the rules because[...]
What is not possible? Where it is written that company must stay at site of origin before M/H phase?
It is always in organization phase from obvious reasons, but it does not mean that it is condicio sine qua non, similarly such condition as end of organization phase cannot be met by FM, from obvious reasons.
melkor_morgoth75

U misunderstood me...i think.

What i'm saying is that, with current ruling, if i start from Moria, for example, and then i go to Dol Guldur, when i play FM at the end of the M&H phase my company NEVER reached Dol Dulgur BECAUSE my party can be at the new site (Dol Guldur for the previous movement) ONLY starting from the site phase.

mm75
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Ah, yes.
Messenger of Mordor cannot be played between M/H phases nor at the end of current M/H phase.
I forgot that it was initial question. :)
melkor_morgoth75

Always regarding MoM ...

What if i play it on "The Iron Crown" for example? I'm quite sure it worths 3 points and it is NOT considered to be stored at bard-dur ... correct?

mm75
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Correct.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”