Building a Lidless Eye Deck

The place to ask and debate all rules issues related to MECCG.
melkor_morgoth75

Hi all,

am i right considering to put in a deck (vs Hero of course) 3 copy of "Lidless Eye" AND 3 copies of "Sauron"? Of course i can play just one of them as it is still a manifestation, but can i put all 6 in the deck, correct?

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Correct.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

To be honest, it would seem a bit overkill to put all 6 in the deck though. If you draw 1 in your first hand, that means you have 5 wasted cards in your deck now. Maybe consider adding cards to help cycle the deck quicker, that way you can get 1 of the 3 you put in the deck in the first few turns, and it's not so many wasted cards.

Just my 2 cents...
melkor_morgoth75

Yep .. it was just a question on "possibility" :wink: I'd never construct sucha deck :P

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Balin
Ex Council Member

I'm playing a Minion deck that includes 3x Lidless Eye and 1x Sauron. It works pretty good: I usually have one of such cards at 2nd turn. Besides, in this way I can have "Sauron" cards (Eye never sleeping, The Great eye) right in deck without needing to sb them after playing Lidless eye.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Wacho

I don't think it would be a waste to include 3 Lidless Eye and 3 Sauron cards. 1st of all your deck is already smaller than other decks (assuming you stick to 30/30 because your avatar cards count as resource cards. 2nd drawing your avatar early is a big advantage, and there are many times I've played a game and waited until almost fully through my deck before drawing one of my 3 wizard cards. Having twice as many avatar cards makes this situation extremely unlikely. 3rd once you have Lidless Eye/Sauron in play your deck will speed up because you can sideboard every turn and you have more influence to play characters and possibly hold more cards in hand. With these advantages you could increase the size of your deck to 33/33 and not really lose any speed. Still 6 may be overkill, but having 4 or 5 I think would certainly not be.

Return to “Rules Questions & Debate (unofficial)”