Lord of the Maps - DamienX Play Guide Repository

Let's publish our projects
DamienX207
Council Member

Hi friends!

A few years ago, I posted my first "one map to rule them all" as a play guide for people to print at home. Well, since then, my obsession with MECCG cartography hasn't exactly let up, and so it seemed high time to show some benevolence and start a new thread with a full repository of my subsequent creations for the CoE community. :) As before, I will note up front that my playgroup has found these to be very useful for teaching new players, though they're great for experienced players as well.

NOTE: These files are extremely high resolution, so don't be surprised if it takes a looong time to load them in your web browser on slower connections.

_________________________________________________________________________________

First up: a master upgraded version of the original play guides that I created back in the day, except now using the full-color Hartwig map for the background, and styled to match the general MECCG aesthetic. These were designed to be printed at 10"x15" (i.e. to be legible at that size, though you can of course print whatever size you want); personally I recommend printing on heavy card stock such as what's available at a UPS printing center.

Hero version (52 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

Minion version (51 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

_________________________________________________________________________________

For posterity's sake, here are links to the original play guides that I designed. Note that there may be a few errors in these; please let me know if you catch anything! They were designed to be printed at home on standard 8.5x11" paper.

Hero version - Color (3 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

Minion version - Color (3 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

There's also a grayscale version in case you prefer to save on color ink. :)

Hero version - Grayscale (3 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

Minion version - Grayscale (3 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

And finally, this is a "board" map that I designed for indicating the location of each player's companies with playing pieces such as the "hobbit" pieces that came with the MECCG gift set, pieces from the Conquest of Nerath board game (which is what I use personally -- gotta love the color-coding! and note that you can usually buy a set of "replacement" Nerath pieces on eBay so you don't have the buy the whole game), etc. It was designed to be printed on a 19"x29" quad-fold board such as what's available on Board Games Maker (for the record, I went with Standard Matte / Linen Finish).

Board map (36 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

I'm currently working on a DC-amended version of the main play guide, and happy to take other requests if people have them, but please note that I am exceedingly busy with real life these days so probably not doing much of anything in a timely fashion. Hope y'all enjoy! :D

- DamienX
Last edited by DamienX207 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CDavis7M

All really cool. Thanks for posting. Outstanding level of detail.
Langloude

Woah. Thanks. Great Work!
Padster

WOW! Nice one.

Are you ever considering extending this map north-ward to include the Northern Wastes?

Cheers

Patrick
DamienX207
Council Member

I would like to if/when Dream Team publishes hard copies that use Northern Wastes. With that said, I’d also want their high-res Hartwig extension so I don’t have to re-create it myself, and haven’t asked them yet, so can’t speak to whether they will actually provide :)
Tsagoi

Hi,

Wow, very impressive. Thanks a lot !

Matthieu
Theo

Here's my tweak of Damien's original hero map, where I've added color based on playability at the expense of a pretty background. I think that map is the best I've seen for new players, so this alteration attempts to make it even easier (for color-seeing) to figure out where to go compared to finding all the little playability symbols. (Sorry I don't know if it is possible to do the fancy thumbnail preview when attaching the file to the forum itself.)

typos corrected:
Nurniag Camp and Urlurtsu Nurn site types switched.
Under-deeps roll required from The Sulfur-deeps to The Under-galleries and The Under-courts switched.
Angmarim faction worth 3 MP.

I've also started a similar thing for the minion version but haven't yet tried adding color for major items because I'm guessing it will be too noisy.
Attachments
meccg_map_v2_cc_MGRIH.png
meccg_map_v2_cc_MGRIH.png (3.94 MiB) Viewed 5514 times
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Burlane

Thanks so much for these , I’m getting these printed on glossy poster paper and laminating them for play !!

Can you do a under-deeps map like the diagram in the balrog booklet ??
Kjeld

Burlane wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:47 pm Thanks so much for these , I’m getting these printed on glossy poster paper and laminating them for play !!

Can you do a under-deeps map like the diagram in the balrog booklet ??
The under-deeps sites and linkages are included in all of the above map versions.
Burlane

Noticing that now !
Bruce
Ex Council Member

This is awesome! Thank you so much
TomBombadil

The master versions are hands down the best maps I've seen, a perfect combination of beauty, taste, and usability. Thank you!
scottrick

Awesome, thanks for sharing!!
tyhjaarpa

DamienX207 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:30 am And finally, this is a "board" map that I designed for indicating the location of each player's companies with playing pieces such as the "hobbit" pieces that came with the MECCG gift set, pieces from the Conquest of Nerath board game (which is what I use personally -- gotta love the color-coding! and note that you can usually buy a set of "replacement" Nerath pieces on eBay so you don't have the buy the whole game), etc. It was designed to be printed on a 19"x29" quad-fold board such as what's available on Board Games Maker (for the record, I went with Standard Matte / Linen Finish).

Board map (36 MB, right-click link to download)
Preview:

- DamienX
Any update on the board map project adding region name around the region icon? Would love to see this change and get the map printed with them to make playing easier.
Monkey drinks masters wine. Do you like drunken monkey?
DamienX207
Council Member

Apologies - been cranking on rules stuff but will get back to the updated map ASAP! :)

Return to “Community Projects”