Joes Letter... something interesting.

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Nerdmeetsyou

As we talked about Joes letter an the steps that are necessary to save the game usw...
I also refered to magic reinventing things.... even though a lot of things change... they mainly realized to create a better game...:

So here is an article that might be interesting... about how for example magic is going to change... to become more simple again and to apeal to new players....

not that it is some kind of solution for ME... (what they are doing)
but I just thought it might be an article worth reading....regarding a similar toppic....
http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/a ... eature/27a
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Great article, Boder! Thanks for the link.

I wish to god that we had the kind of resources Wizards does... even just the ability to print cards...

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

thanks...

Mark rosewater writes a lot of greath articles... about game philosophie and other stuff....
if you are interested I could give you some links about those I regard as his best articles.
sly southerner

IMHO the plans for Magic are just another release designed to get people to buy even more cards. Its a classic marketing ploy to appear innovative and try to attract a new audience.

Having said that the lack of this is one of the reasons why MECCG has been stagnating and why dream cards or a new "expansion" are so important.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

hmmm, interest in the community for these is very low actually, you'd think that after 10 years of no new cards people would flock to the Virtual tourney, but no. And you don't want to introduce newbees with virtual or dreamcards from the beginning, that would be way too confusing.

I have found that most meccg players have grown comfortably into playing a game a few times per year and like it the way it is, it's nostalgia, it's an old coat that they've been wearing for a long time with some old friends, and they don't want to invest in learning the game anew.
so, conundrum...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah but without developement in the game... it will die without any doubt!!!

at least there could be some rework of the erratas.... the rules...
or even some new rulings from the Council that would make the game more balanced...(wich is a very depressing thing as a new player... to realize that playing a hero deck ... the one you allways will start with.... will probably let you loose on a tournament ... no mather how!!)
Tirnowl

Not sure this was the best place to post, but I just wanted to offer a word of thanks to Joe for staying w/ MECCG/GCCG all these years, esp. here in the U.S.A.

As the Euro comrades realize MECCG is too important of a game, esp. a Tolkien based one, to let go the way of the Entwives or simply become an enclosed small Entmoot that simply rambles to itself ad nauseum.

I would love to get back into the game, but alas I'm a pretty mediocre player, an a non-deck builder and rather casual in my play.

I had dream a long time ago to create a new set of (intermediate) challenge decks that would provide a new niche for play but alas I am incapable of designing and am pessimistic that anybody from the player base could do so. Maybe Knizia would do it for us! :lol: Seriously, I think it might be worth a try to contact the original designers and see what they might be willing to do. Yes, I know that crazy talk..but ya gotta dream.

Anyway, I doff my Dragonhelm to the fellow dreamer Joe. Way to go!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”