NetRep changes.

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I am not sure it should be posted in here or in another site, but since Mark has been busy NetRep results has been brought down 0.

Therefore I propose a new team for NetRep advising, which can choose a NetRep who can posts digests with rulesquestions.

The team should consist of:

Konrad Klar
Manuel
marcos
Ringbearer
Sauron

And we keep Mark and Mikko as advisors when things get really troublesome, as their knowledge alone is a treasure to the community of Middle Earth CCG.

Any ideas I would like to hear, so we can get things settled.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Manuel
Council Chairman

While I think it is a nice idea, and way to go, it isn't as easy as this :)

First, there has to be one person being The NetRep. This person publishes te rules, and he is the guy to come to when anyone has questions.

Second, in the NetRep team there have to be voting and non-voting members (also known as advisors) Until now we have only had 2 voting members and it has worked ok, the rest were advisors.

Third, IMO we should hear who wants to be there and who doesn't before naming people. Jambo and Wacho are also in the current NetRep team, and at some point they have been helpful too. This doesn't mean we have to simplu add people, this means we have to choose. I believe the netrep team shouldnt have more than 5-6 members, but these have to be very active and interested in the matter.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Well, frankly I didnt know Jambo and Wacho were on since I havent seen them in ages.

The persons I mentioned I knew they are either active on the NetRep and/or active on GCCG, and have some basic understanding of the rulings.

They themselves can decide best who is the NetRep and can stage as a frontman.

I am just tossing the ball into the court, hoping this leads to something.

marcos
Council Member

what about letting people (the community) to pick their chosen ones, and then we see if such guys are willing to do the job?
Jambo

I do agree that MeCCG needs a (more) active NetRep. If Mark is indeed long-term absent, then that is a shame since his knowledge of MeCCG is exemplary and of the rest of us, only perhaps Mikko shares a similar level of understanding. The NetRep role is arguably one of the most important and precisely how this moves forward, I don't know...
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i would say that the COE should install the netrep and its up to the netrep himself to assemble some helpers (voting members and advisors).

hasnt it been done so before??
Manuel
Council Chairman

thorondor wrote:i would say that the COE should install the netrep and its up to the netrep himself to assemble some helpers (voting members and advisors).

hasnt it been done so before??
I agree with that, dunno if it's been done that way in the past, but I find it being correct - leave the decission up to the CoE members.
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

marcos wrote:what about letting people (the community) to pick their chosen ones, and then we see if such guys are willing to do the job?
NetRep wasn't a person picked by the community. We shouldn't let a popular vote decide this. It's about who has the best grasp of the rules, etc.
marcos
Council Member

Sauron wrote:
marcos wrote:what about letting people (the community) to pick their chosen ones, and then we see if such guys are willing to do the job?
NetRep wasn't a person picked by the community. We shouldn't let a popular vote decide this. It's about who has the best grasp of the rules, etc.
ok, the thing is that there is no such person nowadays since Mark is very bussy with job, and mikko ocasionally shows up...
Manuel
Council Chairman

Sauron wrote:
People in the CoE represents the popular vote, doesn't it? They have been chosen by the players, after all. And also 9 guys knowing how's things can debate for a solution in a relateively easy manner, while leaving it to everyone will just lead it to a lot more confussion (and probably no conclussion)
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Manuel wrote:
Sauron wrote:
People in the CoE represents the popular vote, doesn't it? They have been chosen by the players, after all. And also 9 guys knowing how's things can debate for a solution in a relateively easy manner, while leaving it to everyone will just lead it to a lot more confussion (and probably no conclussion)
I agree with Manuel here, we should start things up.

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

imo the Netrep has not to be the one who knows the rules best. of course he should have a vast knowledge, but its also very important, that he is available and ready to answer questions from the community on a regualrly basis. he is responsible for getting answers issued.
for difficult questions he has his netrep team and some advisors.

so i think many (probably all of the current netrep team) could do the netrep job.
miguel
Ex NetRep

marcos wrote:
Sauron wrote:
ok, the thing is that there is no such person nowadays since Mark is very bussy with job, and mikko ocasionally shows up...
I assume by showing up you mean the times I post something in the rules questions section or come to GCCG (and answer rules questions). Those things aren't required and they're not synonymous with availability. If you want to ask the netrep a question, you email him. That's the way it was when Chad was the netrep and it worked just fine. It's not the netrep's job to give "instarulings" unless he's actually the judge in a game.
marcos
Council Member

yes, that was what i meant :)
Manuel
Council Chairman

I agree with Thorondor here. The new NetRep hasn't necessarily to know it all by himself, that's why he has a team around him. He needs to be able and ready to answer and publish things, and assume his responsability, that's all.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”