MECCG-symbols in a LaTex-Document

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Marric
Ex Council Member

Hey all!

Is there anybody who can tell me which package (and probably can provide me with this....) I have to use to include the MECCG-symbols (regions, sites, GI, DI etc...) in a LaTex document ?

Yours, Markus
Brabo

Hi Markus! I had absolutely no idea whatsoever what a LaTex document was before I read your post. I did a google-search and found out LaTex is a program that's used to produce texts, usually scientific texts. So my curiosity was awakened: what kind of text on MECCG are you planning on producing using LaTex?
Marric
Ex Council Member

Two fan-made player's guides (just like the official ones by ICE) for Against the Shadow and White Hand have been published on the site www.guildcompanion.com. BUT they were divided into 3 three parts each and never in downloadable form (printing a web-site never looks good).

So I'm trying to get all the information into PDF-documents (a format latex can produce, besides postscript and *.dvi) to be put on the CoE-Site. They're nothing fancy for an experienced tournament player (they'll know everything already) but especially for new players it can give you an overwiew what a particular card is good for...(it worked good for me, when i started the game...). The text-versions are almost complete, now i'm working on including the card-images into the documents.

What I'm needing the region/site-symbols for are the keyablity informations for creatures and site paths for sites...i could include them as little images which didn't work well, so i was curious if someone else has already done the work...

The other one is the CrF-File which i'm bringing into PDF-form together with a Table of Contents and references.

Thanks for your interest!

Yours, Markus
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

cool project!
back then when those guides have been published i made myself word-files. better looking downloadable format even with images would be very appreciated!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”