"Well, I'm back."

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Brabo

I have absolutely no problems with on-guards played solely for drawing the extra card(s). In fact, since on-guards are essentially bluff-cards, for me it would spoil the fun if I would know an on-guard is always an actually playable hazard! So, if you're playing against me, by all means, play as many on-guards as you wish :) I'll surely do the same: they keep tension in the game, AND let you go through your deck quicker which makes more interesting combo's possible!
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On gccg my name is 'Wisp'
Taurelin

And again, more questions:

a)
Taurelin wrote:Another question:

Is it possible to get my name added to the CoE playerlist?

Player: Uli Bauer, Erndtebrück, NRW, Germany
Collector? Player?: yes/yes
meccg nick: Taurelin
gccg nick: Taurelin

Thx.
Why hasn't this happened?
Why didn't I even get a reply, at least?
Who is responsible for updating the website?

b)

For the 2nd time in the last days I played against a deck consisting of the following elements:
- Strider as the main character
- Lucky Search -> Enruned Shield as the only item in the deck, many more items from SB
- The WIndlord Found me, Angmarim, Gollum and stuff as MP resources
- tons of Nazgul + Agents in the Hazard portion of the deck

Is this something like a deck-to-beat / established deck that I am supposed to know /just coincidence that 2 people play an almost identical list?

If one of the first options is true, where can I find a list/description of that deck online, especially about how to beat it? :/
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hi,

well Lucky Search decks always belonged to the top decks

Best overall card against hobbit/ & Lucky Search decks is Searching Eye, I mostly play 1 in deck 1 in SB

@1) the player's list gets update very few times a year, as not too many people bother to get onto it, best again write the admin or Zara an email ;)

mfg Nicolai
Taurelin

Vastor Peredhil wrote:well Lucky Search decks always belonged to the top decks
Best overall card against hobbit/ & Lucky Search decks is Searching Eye, I mostly play 1 in deck 1 in SB
Hm, I see. Is there an established decklist (maybe from tournament data) to have a closer look?
Vastor Peredhil wrote: @1) the player's list gets update very few times a year, as not too many people bother to get onto it, best again write the admin or Zara an email ;)
That's why I'm asking. Who is the admin?
SENTENCED - 1993
zirilan

Taurelin wrote:And again, more questions:

a)

Why hasn't this happened?
Why didn't I even get a reply, at least?
Who is responsible for updating the website?
Currently the Player List is under construction, the two datasystems (CoE Content Management Systems and the Global Player List of the CoE Forum). Some features like a possebility to contact each other from the Global Player List, adding a map to see geographical distances of Citys, Towns where players do live etc. will be added. Until the new system is implementet, I guess there will be no update to the old system that will vanish in the form it is right now and replaced by a new system.

Please be patient, things are under construction right now.
Taurelin

Ah okay. That makes sense. Thanks for the info! :wink:
SENTENCED - 1993
marcos
Council Member

Taurelin wrote: b)

For the 2nd time in the last days I played against a deck consisting of the following elements:
- Strider as the main character
- Lucky Search -> Enruned Shield as the only item in the deck, many more items from SB
- The WIndlord Found me, Angmarim, Gollum and stuff as MP resources
- tons of Nazgul + Agents in the Hazard portion of the deck

Is this something like a deck-to-beat / established deck that I am supposed to know /just coincidence that 2 people play an almost identical list?

If one of the first options is true, where can I find a list/description of that deck online, especially about how to beat it? :/
I believe it was a coincidence, lucky searches are good decks, but not a deck-to-beat. To stop it use searching eye as Vastor suggested and some corruption, lure of expedience and roving eye/ dragon-sickness works best. Those are some cards i always add to my Sb
you can find a decklist like that here or here, i wouldn't build it like those, but you get the idea...
Taurelin

Yep, found those lists at meccg.net, too. They are not exactly the same as the ones I encountered, and they are partly incomplete (no hazards, for example), but I get the idea.

Thx!
SENTENCED - 1993
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

zirilan already told you the most important things.
in fact mostly i have been the one adding new players. and since a few seconds you are in that list ;-)
sorry, should have happened earlier or at least provided some infos why not.
Taurelin

Cool, thx a lot.

Sorry if I sounded a bit impatient. But better to ask twice than not at all. :D
SENTENCED - 1993

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”