"Well, I'm back."

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Taurelin

My name is Uli. I'm 35 and live in Wittgenstein, a rural area right in the middle of Germany, together with my wife and my 2 daughters.

My wife and I started playing METW back in the 90s. Our collection consists mostly of cards from the first 3 expansions (METW, METD, MEDM), but then we somehow stopped playing. Primarily, because we didn't know anybody else who shared this beautiful hobby with us.

A while ago we started playing again just for fun, and we have also been acquiring some cards from the later editions. We still love the cards and the game itself, even though we didn't really catch up with all those developments that occurred in the meantime.

A few days ago I installed GCCG, and I even managed to play a couple of online games with my antiquated King under the Mountain deck. It's good to know that there are still people around who admire Tolkien and his world for a different sake than just the movies.

I'm glad to be a part of this online community now. If you have any questions, just ask. I don't bite, I just wanna play. :wink:
"My sky is darker than thine!"
SENTENCED - 1993
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Who's your favorite avatar? :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Taurelin

Well, to be honest, I haven't tried them all yet. In particular, we have never played Ringwraith, Fallen Wizard or Balrog decks.

From the original 5 wizards, however, I can definitely say that my favourite one is Alatar. I like both his draw reducing and teleport abilites, and he fits perfectly to prowess-strategies. I use the mini-combo The Hunt + Aware of their ways in my KutM-deck, for example.

I would like to build a Fallen Alatar deck as well, because there are some very stylish Alatar-specific cards in the White Hand expansion. :D
SENTENCED - 1993
marcos
Council Member

welcome :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Fallen Alatar does indeed provide a great deal of fun. :)
Beornd

hi uli - welcome too - really good game yesterday - nice to see that "old" players return to her roots :D
Taurelin

Yes, a great game, even though it was a landslide victory for you. I realize that my deck is hardly competitive :wink: . I'll have to do some serious research and practice.

Btw, in this forum I'm missing a section for decks - particularly for presenting decks and getting help. Is this on purpose? Or where can I post my deck(s)?
SENTENCED - 1993
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

we really should think about starting a seck section. there is the other forum at meccg.net, that has a large deck section with a comprehensive collection of deck variants. very useful stuff.
however, i think we really should try to have everything in one place. no fun in checking many forums each day. so i am in favour of starting a deck section here in the COE board as well.
marcos
Council Member

thorondor wrote:we really should think about starting a seck section. there is the other forum at meccg.net, that has a large deck section with a comprehensive collection of deck variants. very useful stuff.
however, i think we really should try to have everything in one place. no fun in checking many forums each day. so i am in favour of starting a deck section here in the COE board as well.
me too
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I disagree. The CoE is about generally fostering the game and organizing tournaments. Decklists as such aren't really part of that. Surely it's not that painful to check two forums.
Taurelin

It wouldn't be painful if it was actually possible to post at meccg.net. I tried to register and contacted the administrators repeatedly, but my account still hasn't been activated, so far.

Can anybody help?
SENTENCED - 1993
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Ugh. That would certainly make a difference.
Shapeshifter878

Taurelin wrote:It wouldn't be painful if it was actually possible to post at meccg.net. I tried to register and contacted the administrators repeatedly, but my account still hasn't been activated, so far.

Can anybody help?
I have the same problem. Registered more than two months ago.

In the case you don´t already know them here is a list of some of the GCCG-commands:

In-game commands:

ctrl + 1: Organization phase
ctrl + 2: Long-event phase
ctrl + 3: Movement/hazard phase
ctrl + 4: Site phase
ctrl + 5: End-of-turn phase

ctrl + u: Untap all characters
ctrl + r: Roll dice
ctrl + c: Toss a coin
ctrl + s: Shuffle the play-deck
ctrl + e: End of turn(turn concluded)
ctrl + m: Bring up the location map (same as clicking on your location deck).

When holding the mouse pointer over a card:
Shift: A close-up of the current card
F5 - Lock/Unlock Shift(permanent zoom-in on cards)
Enter(on keypad): Enter the current site
Home: Put card to location deck if it is a site card, or to the playdeck if it is a non-site card
Del: Put card to discard pile
Insert: Put card to hand
End: Put a card aside
ctrl + t : Touch card
ctrl + f : Reveal/Hide card
ctrl + p : Bring a card to play (for Sideboard or Card Collection)
ctrl + a : Add a counter to current card
ctrl + + : add a Marshalling Points to the card type (e.g. on opponents creature + 1 KP)
ctrl + - : subtract a Marshalling Points to the card type (e.g. on opponents creature - 1 KP)

Keeping a character tapped when untapping all (CTRL-u):
Right click on the character and select 'tap and keep tapped'

When holding the mouse pointer over a character:
Enter: "(character) faces a strike x prowess x body"

When holding the mouse pointer over a creature:
Enter: "Face (creature) x strikes x prowess"

Press MMB on a card: Taps/untaps the card
Press MMB on a card in hand: Play the card face down

hold ctrl + LMB and drag to another card: attaches one card to the other
ctrl + LMB: detaches card from another

Region symbols:
ctrl + shft + w: Wilderness
ctrl + shft + b: Borderlands
ctrl + shft + f: Free-domains
ctrl + shft + s: Shadowlands
ctrl + shft + d: Dark-domains
ctrl + shft + c: Coastal Seas

Sites:
alt + shft + r: Ruins and Lairs
alt + shft + b: Borderholds
alt + shft + f: Freeholds
alt + shft + s: Shadowholds
alt + shft + d: Darkholds
alt + shft + h: Havens

When the location map is open (ctrl + m):
ctrl + alt + LMB over a region will insert the region symbol and the region name. Press Enter to type out the site path.
ctrl + middle mouse button apparently does the same thing...

Ctrl + Middle click - Add name of the target to the chat line

In the chat lobby:

ctrl + E: edit deck
ctrl + P: show products
ctrl + B: show collection
ctrl + D: select a deck
ctrl + Q: quit GCCG
ctrl + I: Import deck
ctrl + X: Export deck

/me [text] (emotion)
/newdeck [name]
/renamedeck [name]
/whois [players name]
/find [card name]
/away [very important reason]
/here [finally...]
/yell [text] (if you sit at a table, everybody can read the message even those who are in the lobby)
/set nosound=yes (switch off sound effects; subversion only)
/set avatar [name] (You can find all the avatars and their name in "/gccg/graphics/avatar")
/give [player name] [what]
/sealed [amount of money] (enter sealed mode)
/sealed: Switching between sealed and normal mode
/sealed end: Transfers all stuff bought and won in sealed mode to normal mode
/rd (register deck)
/rd2 (register alternative deck)
/set plan (text): Write something at the bottom of your player info
/bind {text color} [text]: Bind a text input to a key combination. Example: /bind {magenta} No More Hazards (Enter) Press the key-combination you want to bind.
/select have: Finding all the cards you have
/select have and set="set-acronym(TW, TD, DM, LE, AS, WH, BA, PR or PRde)": Finding all the cards in a set that you don't have

Mouse wheel(When viewing a deck´s card list) - Scroll up/down
Mouse wheel(When Viewing the collection) - Next/previous page
Mouse wheel(Holding the mouse-pointer in the chat-box) - Scroll messages up/down

Alt + Print Screen: Take a screenshot(to save the image open Paint and press Ctrl + v. Go to File>Save as..and save it.

On GCCG my name is Berulf should I encounter you there sometime. I have collected the cards for some time but just recently tried online play. I don´t play that competitive, I´m more of a casual player.

Cheers!

/Andreas
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Taurelin wrote:I tried to register and contacted the administrators repeatedly, but my account still hasn't been activated, so far.
i got several similar question during the last few months (as i always forward people to both messageboards when in the process of recruiting someone new).
Taurelin

Shapeshifter878 wrote:In the case you don´t already know them here is a list of some of the GCCG-commands:
Thanks a lot! :wink:
SENTENCED - 1993

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”