Introduce yourself

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
Nico1920

Hi everyone!

I am Nicolas, from Chile. My story is as follows: Last night I was tidying up some old stuff and found my old cards. I used to play by the end of the 90's and once the game got out of print I continued for a short time. When I found my cards I stayed up until early morning reading them, and remembering how much I loved this game. After that, I decided to give a quick look in Google, and found this marvelous GCCG game, this forum, etc.

I'm extremely excited about returning to somewhat that was very special to me back then. I always wanted to try Fallen-Wizards, which I never did, and now seems like the perfect chance.
But first I will have to become familiar again with the game and the rules (probably Heroes to start), and then with the client (I will need more that the F1 help!! Any source of documentation would be very appreciated). I would be very greatful with anyone willing to show me around and perhaps to guide me through an actual match. I am also willing to play with some other newbie so we can discover how does it work together.

All the best,
[-me_eye-]
Ebahn13

Hello!

I'm Ebahn from the US, and was looking to learn how to play since it went out of print when I was 8 (not NEARLY old enough to properly play XD) and found some of my old cards from back then. Aiming to eventually have a proper collection with all of the rules and stuff like maps, errata, and tournament rulings (just because.)
Scactha

Hi there, Mattias Thörnkvist from Sweden here. I grew up learning about fantasy through Tolkien and still has a special feeling for his great works. I ventured into CCG´s in the golden days of the 90´s, with METW as my absolute favourite (I´m the first national champ and euro 4th I think) game. Nowadays I regrettably play very little METW, but get some card slinging kicks from MTG instead. Yet METW will always be THE ccg of choice for me :)

About decks; I absolutely love FW's and the hazard concept of Agents!
Daelric

Daelric from BC, Canada here! I'm a long-time Tolkien fan, and collected MECCG cards when the game was out back in the 90s. Sadly, no one I knew was interested so it was mainly a collection and i never got to play except for the odd couple of times I tried to play solitaire.

I recently bought a house and upon moving in I found my old box full of MECCG cards and it got me wondering if there's an online presence at all. A few quick Google searches later I found the Council of Elrond, as well as online game tools such as GCCG and Lackey!

I'm hoping to find someone to teach me the game and get playing, or even other newbs that would like to hash through the rules together some time, using GCCG or Lackey. Here's hoping there's some activity still!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

checkout GCCG, I am always willing to teach returners to the game
CorumMc

Hey there,
Chris from Richmond Va. Just getting back into the game since the late 90's via play by mail. I never had a group willing to play the game, but have always had a soft spot for the art and theme. I've been collecting off and on ever since my first box of limited.

Feel free to reach out if you are within a couple hours and are interested meeting up for a game (and are willing to be patient for a bit with a guy who is about as rusty as you can get.) I'll also be in the Fort Myers, fla area a bit this summer.
d_fens

Hello fellow MECCGers,

My name is Sebastian Krupa. I'm from Poland. My first contact with this fantastic game dates back to 90s. Then I had a very long break and finally returned last year. I'm both a player (mainly ringwraith/sauon, staying away from playing balrog) and a collector. I'm aiming to complete playsets of all expansions (MEDM and MEAS now complete and METW, METD, MEWH and MELE not far from completion). Thanks to our fantastic polish MECCG community I can participate in tournaments a couple times a year. I'm also lucky to have regular games with my friend who lives in the same town.

Looking forward to participating in this forum.

--
Sebastian
thedarkness

Hello, from sunny Jacksonville, Florida!

I am a relatively new player/collector to MECCG and looking forward to making some new friends with an old game!

Thanks,

George
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
Captain Aramsham

Christopher

From New Zealand live in Scotland. Play rarely and after all these years still a novice but the game never far away from my thoughts.
Still chasing down longbottom leafs and my second Beorning skin changer. Yeah I know but proxies don't do it for me
unless it's an Elf Lord revealed lol.

Cheers
Vroomer

Back I the glory days of CCG's and the mid to late 90's, I was into SWCCG and L5R. In my deck box, I had a MEWH Isengard sleeved and taped to the inside lid with other MtG and SW cards of beauty.

Then, last week, Hills put boosters of White Hand on sale for $20 each. I had to buy 2. In waiting for them to arrive, I went back and looked up how to play this beautiful game. Have read a lot of the Card of theDay articles, watched A Wizard's Journey on how to play (twice), printed out a b&w map, ordered a box of Challenge decks from our Eagle friend in the Netherlands, and can't wait to get playing. What really kicked my latest foray into a CCG in high gear was learning there were now Solo rules!

I am super stoked to collect and play!

In Greenville, SC
thedarkness

Hello Vroomer,

I'm happy to see another player from the Southeast United States!

Don't be afraid of Ebay for MECCG cards, there are often good deals to be made there. Last month I was able to pick up a very nice Unlimited The One Ring for only a buck.

Thanks,
G.
“The world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.” - LOTR
Nellistos

Hello, Charis from Greece.

Had purchased two starter METW decks along with Netrunner back in 1996.
Never really played the game although i tried.

20 years, i found the decks and meccg cards stashed in a box, among lots of mtg cards, netrunner and battle tech. I decided to give it a shot with my friend, since we play card games and board games every other weekend.
Ordered some more cards from ebay, and waiting for the Wizard's Companion to be delivered.

So, started reading the rules, tried to start a solitaire and this is how i found this forum.
What a great game. Full of theme, telling a story each time you play it, if you manage to play it at least.

I am aware of the reformatted rules document, the URD, and all collected erratas, CoEs etc, although i interpret them as nicer wordings of the rules, at least many of them.
Having been a sanctioned referee for MtG back in the day when it was not trash, i have no difficulties with timings, chain of effects, stack resolution etc. However, i find that some rules and play sequences are not clear. Especially on what type of card is allowed to be played each phase and what it can target.
I hope i can make it.

For starters, it will hit the table this weekend after 20 years.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Cool story!
Get on gccg and another whole world will open up for you (more so if you view the dreamcards 8) )
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
DamienX207
Council Member

--- (apologies, multiple posts) ---
Last edited by DamienX207 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DamienX207
Council Member

--- (apologies, multiple posts) ---
Last edited by DamienX207 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”