Introduce yourself

Anything MECCG related that doesn't fit in another forum.
The Global Players List is located here.
DamienX207
Council Member

Hello world!
I played casually with my brother way back while the game was in print, but fell out of it when ICE stopped printing -- but recently found my cards and really stoked to get back into it!
Disheartening to see the last remnants of such a great game dwindling away before our eyes, but I'll be posting in other places on the boards to hopefully do what I can to help. :)

If anyone is in the Colorado (USA) area, hit me up! :)
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

DamienX207 wrote:Hello world!
I played casually with my brother way back while the game was in print, but fell out of it when ICE stopped printing -- but recently found my cards and really stoked to get back into it!
Disheartening to see the last remnants of such a great game dwindling away before our eyes, but I'll be posting in other places on the boards to hopefully do what I can to help. :)

If anyone is in the Colorado (USA) area, hit me up! :)
Hello!

I'm from Colorado (originally). I will send you a PM.

=D
TheGladsomeBeast

Hello All,

Longtime MTG player, I've never played MECCG but came across it a few years ago online and it looked amazing. Due to rapid life changes, graduating from college, getting maried, moving across the country, it just kind of fell to the wayside. However recently I fell back down the MECCG rabbit hole only this time I also discovered and amazing website that has amazing deals on sealed product. I just ordered a set of the Challenge decks and a few other things and can't wait to learn how to play. I currently live in Van Nuys, CA. Anyone on here from the Valley/Los Angeles region? I would love to meet up sometime once my decks arrive and learn if you have any interest in playing with/teaching a new player or two (me and my wife). [-me_cp-]
dirhaval

Hello.

I love the artwork in MECCG; brings a sense of reality to it all.

You are in the best place in the USA to play the game. Just scroll down the main forum board
to find the USA thread. There is or was a meeting at LAX soon/recently; I am two hours to the east of you by clock of course.

Get into ARDA if you can.
harneloot

Hello!

I do not get to play ever really, but collect the cards and am looking forward to my son getting old enough to teach him. If anyone is in the North East US area, send me an e-mail at Harnel(double o)t (at) aol (dot) com and maybe we could get a game together!

Also - I don't seem to have permission to view the global player list?

Cheers all!
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

harneloot wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm
Also - I don't seem to have permission to view the global player list?

Cheers all!
Hello!

Nice to meet you! I am also waiting on my son to get old enough to teach him! =D

Please send me a PM with the following info and I will add you to the Global Players List and give you access.

- First and Last Name
- Country of residence
- City and State (if applicable) of residence
- Current email address
- Favorite MECCG game format(s)
harneloot

Thanks!
Papylon

My dad bought a starter pack of Wizards limited for me around 95/96. I got the one ring. Promptly traded it with the store for Frodo/Sam. :)

20 odd years later, as a collector and avid reader of ICE Merp modules I thought, hell, why not try that card game as well, as I love the artwork, flavour of the ICE products. Started playing and collecting around two years ago and still love the game. We are a small group playing in Gothenburg, Sweden.
morgenstern

Hey there,

My name is Doug and I reside in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

I both played and collected avidly back in the day (i.e. since the METW game was first printed and sold). I hadn't really had much opportunity to play for some time, due to moving (changing addresses -- the cards had to be placed in storage), and then later, other life stuff came about, and finally, the popularity of the game locally (if not nationally) had waned.

Anyway, I'm re-exploring all things MECCG (searching the web for info, as well as sorting and organizing all of my cards), and currently would like to get back to designing / printing some cards of my own.

It has been a while, but I remember "making" some custom cards probably within six months of the game's release.

Back then, I used a scanner (to get the basic card template), then Photoshop to remove the original card art and text in order to make way for my own, which included my own art and text (I made a couple of 'minor' characters, as well as a few Hero resources). I had the best luck using Avery 5164 Weatherproof labels, which were (I believe) made to use with a laser printer. I then was able to take my created card files to a print shop to print them, peel the label, then affix it to a standard (common) card, so that I could use them for local friendly games.

So I see folks here are creating some very beautiful "dream cards" using Magic Set Editor 2, which I am going to check out myself.

Has anyone done any printing of their dream cards to do something similar, and if so, have you gotten decent results?

I currently only have a color inkjet printer at home, and the paper I'm using is a little too glossy for my taste (I prefer a more matte look). I'm also having issues with transfer -- the ink / paper combination results in some of the ink coming off on one's fingers when the printed surface is touched.

If anyone has any suggestions in this regard, I'd love to hear them -- I would figure someone out there has done enough trial and error that they've got it down to a perfect science by now! :D
CardGameGeek

Hi Everyone,

I am Fabio from Italy. I first started collecting MECCG when I was still a little Kid, but I was already in love with card games and Tolkien books. Back then it was a bit too complex and now unluckily life don't let me the time nor the chance to play it (no one around me that I know of).
I am currently trying to get back in the whole Card Game collecting business and looking to find what I miss and what have been lost during the years...
Also I am currently working on a website project regarding all Dead CCG/TCG at large, and eventually with time, the ones still published.
MECCG will be the second game to get covered, I hope soon enough, and I will let you know when it happen, hopefully you'll find that useful.

Thanks for accepting me in!
You can always find my MECCG Haves and Wants here.
Proud owner of cardgamegeek.com

In love with MECCG since 1995
Theo

Hey, I finally found my way down this far in the forum listing!

I always liked Tolkien's lore and that the power dynamics of his world felt as much philosophical/persuasive as martial, so I was quite excited about MECCG when The Wizards first came out. Fantastic design fit. But back then it was tough find people to play with, and the complexity dragged that even further. After Dark Minions I allocated my resources to other interests (I wasn't and continue not to be very drawn to Team Evil). Around 2012 I started playing more frequently, particularly in the last year or so. I'm very excited to find the Jabberwock putting together a nexus in Colorado, as well as the many thoughtful people on these forums.

As a player I'm very drawn to strategy optimization in general, but I also tend to enjoy seeing how well I can do with limited tools, i.e. not owning every card out there. I've played a few CCGs and with each I feel a unique mystique when playing after only the first few packs, before people play the same narrow power subsets repeatedly (perhaps characterized by a focus on a meta-game). To me, Middle Earth is a great game because there can be so many subtleties in deck construction and execution that I always find some new angle to consider, as well as feeling like I can have a decent chance and manage to craft some cool stories even against players who do have more cards but aren't as drawn to the subtleties. It hasn't felt like it needs any meta-gaming to be interesting. But maybe that just means I'm still a beginner.
One [online community] with hammer and chisel might mar more than they make...
All players are welcome at Meduseld! https://theo-donly.github.io/MECCG/
Chatto van Tol

Hi everybody,

Long time collector (on and off, not that hardcore) who is at the brink of finishing METW Limited (finally 😄), based in the Netherlands. I did play some games back in the days (I since then forgot the rules), but everybody else played MtG, so I did too. Nowadays I play MtG via Skype, but would like to play this beautiful game as well!

Hope to finish my collection, play some games in person, or via Skype!

Br
Anies (aka Chatto)
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Hi Anies!
Welcome to our community!
Should be easy to find a few dutch players. And if you are quick to decide, you can join us here: http://lureofmiddleearth.com/
Chatto van Tol

thorondor wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:04 pm Hi Anies!
Welcome to our community!
Should be easy to find a few dutch players. And if you are quick to decide, you can join us here: http://lureofmiddleearth.com/
Thank you! I had no idea you guys were so active still! Unfortunately I can’t make it on such short notice, but perhaps next year ^^
mahakala

Hi there everyone,

I am Krister from Gothenburg, Sweden. I've just started to play with a couple of friend. I did own some cards back in 95 when the game was released, but I did not play much. Everyone where I lived were just into mtg. That was very sad, because I was a huge Tolkien fan.

Anyway, playing today it feels as if am I able to relive childhood that I never had.

I've played a lot of card games over the years. I like the strategic part of ME, it is very different from all other games I've tried!

Return to “Odds, Ends & Hobbit Holes”